PDA

View Full Version : Tools of the Trade

NathanS
22-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Alright guys I am setting this thread up to display the tools you use to bring you minis to life.
The idea is to take pictures of your tool post them tell who makes it and what you use it for.
I was thinking that some of the more wierd tools we use someone else might be struggling to do something we do really easy with our special tools.

I will get to work taking pictures of my box when I get home off work. I will be posting them here in a couple of days.

So what does everyone think about this? Who wants to go first?

aardvark
23-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Good idea.

I've been modelling for many a long decade now, so I've accumulated literally a shed-load of tools. See pics of my tool drawers and boxes of paints and materials. Yes, all the drawers you can see in the 1st pic are full of tools! Difficult to know just where to start. If you're into converting and/or sculpting, then the tool set will be different to that for just assembling.

Many of these tools I bought "on spec" because they looked useful or because I'd tried to do something that I didn't really have the right tool for. I also made the mistake of buying some cheap items, and then had to buy a better version. Some are also many years old: good tools will last. Not sure that I can recall where they all came from now. I do have some "favourites" though, so maybe I'll empty out some drawers and post some categorised pictures of the contents in the coming days.

ledfloyd
24-11-2009, 03:40 AM
Good idea.

I've been modelling for many a long decade now, so I've accumulated literally a shed-load of tools. See pics of my tool drawers and boxes of paints and materials. Yes, all the drawers you can see in the 1st pic are full of tools! Difficult to know just where to start. If you're into converting and/or sculpting, then the tool set will be different to that for just assembling.

Many of these tools I bought "on spec" because they looked useful or because I'd tried to do something that I didn't really have the right tool for. I also made the mistake of buying some cheap items, and then had to buy a better version. Some are also many years old: good tools will last. Not sure that I can recall where they all came from now. I do have some "favourites" though, so maybe I'll empty out some drawers and post some categorised pictures of the contents in the coming days.

In the 2nd pic, what's the Airhorn for? But seriously, looks like a great setup.

aardvark
24-11-2009, 05:39 PM
The air horn is for dealing with those pesky phone calls from annoying people wanting to sell you stuff you don't need ...... Works a treat!