PDA

View Full Version : Using the trap ;)

Honsou
29-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Well, earlier today I posted that I was considering starting up a GK army. Although I am still somewhat tempted, I think I've been dissuaded from doing such a foolish thing. However, I was looking at the GW range, and I really do like the look of alot of their equipment- particularly the Nemesis Force Weapon; yonder style of pole-arm that I myself have been known to use.

Now this got me thinking: what if I used some of that equipment for my Space Marines, give them a few special characters that I've been meaning to add to the fluff for some time, some heroes of the chapter. Now comes the convoluted bit: I am thinking perhaps a sort of circle of heroes (not unlike that someone else did recently, I forget who- based on members of astro iirc), based very loosely around the Tiger Generals (or rather some of the predominant heroes of that era). I am thinking a line up based around Kongming, Zhang Fei, Guan Yu, Zhao Zilong and perhaps one or two others.

So, dear astro, my question to you is this: thoughts, is this a good idea or am I going balmy?

Inquisitor023
29-10-2009, 02:09 AM
am I going balmy?

What do you mean going?

Consadine
29-10-2009, 02:10 AM
I suppose the only reason given is that it would be cool... in which case, make them a small display board and go for it.