PDA

View Full Version : To Scheme Or Not To Scheme?

TehStorm
28-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Yo. So I already made a post on getting a good Space Wolves scheme going for me, and I figured out how to get it to where it looks good and slightly GW article worthy. I've painted a squad of Grey Hunters and Im liking the color job, but Im also starting to question if I should go for Space Wolves or for another chapter instead.

I have painted a Blood Raven and a few Salamanders. For some reason I want to stay away from Ultramarines because they are brought up ALL THE TIME. Im trying for another chapter or a custom made paint scheme. Any suggestions are welcome.

Consadine
28-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Which codex are you planning on using? The Space Wolves have their own book, so picking the Wolves or one of their successor chapters (I assume some exist) means you have to use their book. Otherwise, people will see a Space Wolves army on the table and will be bewildered when you use them as regular Marines.

Once you have picked a book, then you need to consider the background, then the color scheme.

Hope it helps.

Littha
28-10-2009, 10:32 PM
dont think space wolves have sucessors if i remember correctly... they arnt exactly following the codex as it stands lol

Honsou
28-10-2009, 10:39 PM
dont think space wolves have sucessors if i remember correctly... they arnt exactly following the codex as it stands lol

You'd be wrong. They have the codex included "Wolf Brothers." I haven't actually gotten around to reading the new dex, so I can't say whether any more are introduced in that- if someone could speak up on that front, that'd be nice.

Littha
28-10-2009, 11:06 PM
the wolf brothers were the only second founding chapter of the space wolves and they were disbanded because of the genetics not working out i think...

Honsou
28-10-2009, 11:08 PM
the wolf brothers were the only second founding chapter of the space wolves and they were disbanded because of the genetics not working out i think...

Yeah, but they existed nonetheless.

Aeth
30-10-2009, 12:13 AM
How about Skyrar's Dark Wolves from teh CSM codex? ;)