PDA

View Full Version : WIP Celestine drawing, updated sept 11th

Starks333
17-08-2006, 08:34 PM
+++++edit, added celestine pics in post below+++++

your friend doesnt want to come over and paint, and you instead have to go there and assemble fantasy.....

i got a bunch of dark elves put together and ACTUAL converting began on the dragon model...its going to be like Boltmans Magmatrax and have about 400 hours of work into it, because i have to sculpt a HUGE amount of stuff

anyways heres the plan(i may take pictures later today to show some of the cutting up work)

Dragons torso gets cut up and things get repositioned to kill the stupid GW \"S\" pose, and put it in an actual dragon position...convert the black dragons head into a lower jaw and attach to normal dragon head(wwe didnt realise it was the top part of the head till later hahah no wonder the other head had two tongues :P)

then Malekith will be converted slightly to a better pose, flowing with the dragon who will be in a pose to strike

the tail of the dragon will be wrapped a round a tree behind him, as if hes holding on for balance or about to rip it out of the ground, the base will be rock

and there will be a TON of converting going on that you cant actually picture, alot of cutting up the dragon torso for repositioning, even something a simpole as turning it slightly to get a bend in the movement of the dragon

and after all this comes the massive project of painting it...:ohmy:

im going to have to make sure the dragon and conversion work is done so that i can paint it still without having all sorts of pieces blocking my brush!

ill be working on fantasy again today after we finish our 3400pt(per side) 40k game(CF and Sisters, vs guard and chaos) id expect to have almost everythign on a base by then

not that i have played fantays in the past i donno 4 yrs, but i figured hey if my friend wants to assemble fantasy i might as well too, im still getting stuff done either way :P

oh and if the conversion goes well i might be considering entry at next yrs Games Day, along with a 40k and fnatasy single mini(maybe even a squad?) who knows, i ahve time :P

Starks

Post edited by: Starks333, at: 2006/09/12 01:45

Starks333
17-08-2006, 09:10 PM
toook some pictures, for a basic idea of the model

The Head (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/King%20of%20Dragons/HPIM0959.jpg)

The head will have some of those dragon fins coming out of where the eyes are on the jaw to cover them up, as its not a mutated dragin but that piece makes the jaw look powerful

The Body1 (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/King%20of%20Dragons/HPIM0957.jpg)

***the legs will be cut to form to my shape, and then attached which should bulk up the body and make him look bigger(as i hate skinny dragons, even if this one is supposed to be a mini baby dragon) i like the lizard stance, the rear leg will have to be raised a bit so that part isnt so high off the ground as i want the front arm reaching down on the edge of the cliff supporting the dragon, again to make the tail(which will be holding onto tree) look needed

The Body2 (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/King%20of%20Dragons/HPIM0958.jpg)

havent decided what to do with the wings yet, as they will need fixing to match the position the dragon will be in

i may end up having to bulk the body up with GS to match the size of the head, then again i could play the whole puppy thing and say its why he hgas big feet and a big head :p hes a pup!

oh and keep in mind the dragon in the photo is missing the upper body that joins to the head and the longer tail, which is why it may look so small

Starks

Post edited by: Starks333, at: 2006/08/17 22:12

Indra
19-08-2006, 05:25 AM
Not 40k (Obviously) but I really like where you\'re taking it. Maybe your \'friend\' ought to buy you a baneblade to say thanks for the effort your dedicating?

:)

Nice work, as always starks.

mark
19-08-2006, 05:37 AM
looks cool i like the head a lot

Starks333
19-08-2006, 11:11 PM
oh actually these dark elves are mine, however ive just been offered money to assemble/clean strip etc 110 marines, and paint a daemon prince...so im lookin at about $150 min for that!!!

the head is definetly my fave and why i want bulk up the dragon a bit

Starks

Aun O Vader
19-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Now that is an exceedingly cool model, I like it a lot. The Head is going to look awesome when its finished. You\'re gonna have to put in a fair amount of work with the body and wings so that they stay in proportion, but then again you already knew that didn\'t you?

More please?

Starks333
20-08-2006, 04:11 AM
Now that is an exceedingly cool model, I like it a lot. The Head is going to look awesome when its finished. You\'re gonna have to put in a fair amount of work with the body and wings so that they stay in proportion, but then again you already knew that didn\'t you?

More please?

***i sure did!~ and actually my plan for the proportions are this: big feet are fine, a tad bit smaller wings are ok as well because hes a baby dragon

as to when will i get around to fully working on it, i cant say as i need some miliput for filling those large gaps between pieces while GS for the detail

i need to also find some thin chain for the reins, and then some rock for the base(along with tree)

but thanks, keep your eyes open for the updates later on(including the actual army), i will be gone for the next week or so however--->road trip out east :woohoo:

Starks333
01-09-2006, 10:06 AM
just a WIP shot of Celestine, erased the original crappy sketch i did, and just started cleaning it up, using a mechanical pencil for the whole thing, changed the original up a bit to get rid of things i dont like

Celestine (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/Art/Celestine4.jpg)

its looking half decent so far, im trying to figure out a way to make the head bigger and not have the uneraseable dark \"line\" affect it, got one idea to add more hair in the way, and move the head that way, might work out

Starks

Aun O Vader
01-09-2006, 02:29 PM
awesome. if the model looks half as good I\'ll probably be speechless! Which would make a pleasant change for my wife! Looking forward to more of this.

btw is there anything artistic you can\'t do?

DarthXander
01-09-2006, 03:01 PM
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Woah...thats....amazing...

Wish I could draw even half as good as that!

Inquisitor_Stewie
01-09-2006, 05:05 PM
That is sweet mate. Keep it going, soon she\'ll be finished and looking better than the Codex pic.

Starks333
01-09-2006, 11:23 PM
AunO Vader wrote:

awesome. if the model looks half as good I\'ll probably be speechless! Which would make a pleasant change for my wife! Looking forward to more of this.

btw is there anything artistic you can\'t do?

hahahah ya, well im not a big crafts guy, and ive never painted a painting so...i guess that stuff im not really good at, mostly because i dont like it or havent done it :P

@Darth, its alot easier than it looks, you just need to understand how to do it, its just like music, it needs to flow in order to work

Starks

mark
02-09-2006, 12:39 AM
wow thas good, you\'ve got a good sence of light and reflection, one thing though, the left leg looks a little to short

Ocelot
02-09-2006, 12:46 AM
very very nice picture so far. But the dragons wings seem too far back on the dragon. As if they are sproating from it\'s hips. Still very nice and the head looks awesome!

Post edited by: Nepeccel, at: 2006/09/02 01:47

Starks333
02-09-2006, 05:18 AM
Nepeccel wrote:

very very nice picture so far. But the dragons wings seem too far back on the dragon. As if they are sproating from it\'s hips. Still very nice and the head looks awesome!<br><br>Post edited by: Nepeccel, at: 2006/09/02 01:47

***hmmm i suppose you are right, i can move the wings forward a bit that should help, maybe just behind the arms would work nicely?

wow thas good, you\'ve got a good sence of light and reflection, one thing though, the left leg looks a little to short

***her left leg? or the left leg in the pic? if its her left leg(the right one in the pic) then thats because the way its bent and the angle the picture is drawn from(below her looking up) so you cant see much of it...if its the other leg, then you are crazy! :P

That is sweet mate. Keep it going, soon she\'ll be finished and looking better than the Codex pic.

***thats my goal :)

Starks

Indra
02-09-2006, 12:50 PM
As always starks I\'m impressed by the work you have done.

Keep us updated and add to the gallery when done!

:)

mark
02-09-2006, 05:25 PM
her left leg, i see what you mean by your lookin up but then if thats the case then it should point out a little to the left since her right is slightly pointing to her left

Starks333
02-09-2006, 10:13 PM
mark wrote:

her left leg, i see what you mean by your lookin up but then if thats the case then it should point out a little to the left since her right is slightly pointing to her left

hahaha actually, think of the schoolgirl anime pose, with the knees bent inwards touching, thats more or less what shes doing, its just one leg is raised(its far worse in the actual drawing, i made it look like her leg is far less broken and actually plausible) :)

and no problem Indra, ill be doing another sister drawing, again just from an existing picture, its for a friend so...

Starks

mark
03-09-2006, 05:28 PM
fair enough, its a brillent sketch though what ever the pose

Starks333
09-09-2006, 12:06 AM
heres a little update i settled on this head, the hair was weird looking but i erased a bit and added the hair curling downward at the back because it seemed better...this is the first time ive ever created a face from my head, hopefully it shows up well enough in the scan

im still undecided on the sword, people have suggested changing the angle and changing it to point downwards more...and why havent i done her other arm that doesnt have the sword or head problem??? well because im not sure what i want it to be doing yet, i think im going to change it to a flat hand rather than pointed, and i think i will keep birds(because i like birds) and just do them a bit differently...and then....THEN its the wings...which will take a bit of playing with for me to decide how much detail i want in them...probably a boatload because i love detail :P

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/Art/CelestineWIPhead2.jpg

***i screwed up again i noticed....the top of the head looks too big for the actual face, i for some reason couldnt seem to make her face better my brain said NO..i WILL NOT MAKE IT BIGGER, and then refused so ya...its not toooo bad because the angle its on the head i actually pretty far up, but whatever i dont care anymore *shakes head*

Starks

Post edited by: Starks333, at: 2006/09/09 01:06

Starks333
12-09-2006, 12:45 AM
did some work in paint to figure out how the forgroun should be

ive reduced the size of the right wing, the windows will be lowered in the background so it looks more like the view is looking up

im also trying to figure out what to put in the background sky

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/Art/CelestineWIPforegroundpaint.jpg

taking forever i know...good news is i will be starting to paint on canvas soon(maybe the odd 40k thing who knows) as paintings are the only things that seem to sell so, i figured i might as well learn :P

Starks

mark
12-09-2006, 01:13 AM
cool cant wait to see it finished