PDA

View Full Version : Mordheim armour

Torga_DW
21-10-2009, 01:23 AM
Howdy. I'm looking to slowly start up a mordheim campaign with my friends. While i was re-reading the rule book, i got to thinking about armour. It seems to me that armour just isn't quite right. I was thinking maybe it needs a house rule, like suits get +1 to their basic save (not shields). So light armour would be 5+, heavy 4+. Then maybe a rule that the total save can't get better than 3+. What do other people think? By the way, i'm a gnome in real life, constantly driven to tinker. :D

LAZtheinfamous
21-10-2009, 01:53 AM
Well, yeah. Armor is really silly in mordheim with all the armor reducing weapons (crossbows, two handed weapons, etc). To be honest, I would think that the standard from Warhammer would be nice. If armed with a handweapon and shield it improves armor by one point. Though, it works out ok, if you wait for armor for later. In the beginning you need people more then you need armor.

Torga_DW
21-10-2009, 02:11 AM
I know. And even when you can afford armour later, you never really rely on it. Like you said, so many weapons negate armour. By the way i can't remember, isn't there a penalty for wearing heavy armour and a shield? Thats why i think increasing the base save of armour might be a good idea.

LAZtheinfamous
21-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Yeah, movement goes down an inch. Unless you are a dwarf.

Musashi
21-10-2009, 07:39 AM
I always found it quite realistic to be honest. Have you ever been hit by a crossbow? they hurt, even with full plate mail on. and shockingly so do wopping great two handed axes. not alot of armour is going to stop that( remember that by the time you have (rolled to) hit and (rolled to) wound, all that is standing between you transforming into a shishkebab (Autobots, Transform!) is your thin tin armour.

Inquisitor023
21-10-2009, 04:53 PM
is your thin tin armour.

Ah, but most Plate is double Plated, the single plate is about an inch and the warrior usually wears Chain under the Plate!

I mean, I've seen that 'Thin tin armour' stand up to godamned Musket Shots!

VolatilSpam
21-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah, most armor-defeating items defeated armor because of concussion rather than penetration. In fact, it seems silly that hammers, maces, and flails (chief armour-defeating items in medieval times) don't get a bit of a bonus against armour, as opposed to axes (which are much better at cleaving meat than shearing steel).

But if armour in Mordheim is anything like armour in Necromunda, it's not a "rely on" thing, it's a "well, that was lucky" thing. My leader, with carapace armour, generally still relies on not taking hits in the first place.