PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angel Conversion Idea

Carrelio
18-10-2009, 09:58 PM
I've noticed the Blood Angels have quite gothic feal (I like it!) with the Space Hulk terminator armour all coated in symbols of their chaptor, sacred seals and chains. But then there are the troop choices. As I'm quite sure the Blood Angels don't actually have any troop choices that are specifically theirs and theirs alone (not like those new space wolves... mmm space wolves...) I was wondering what ways I could make the normal troops look more blood angel-ish...

So first off, I would like to ask, what would make them more Blood Angel like, what defines the Blood Angels as Blood Angels?

My second thought in the creation of this thread is to wonder about those chains. I would assume chains are part of the blood angel look, judging from the terminators in space hulk, so now I have to ask if this idea of mine would work, or if it's just silly.
If I go to a dollar store and pick up a really cheap chain necklace, then chop it into little pieces and stick those pieces on the tactical marines and dreadnaughts using glue and green stuff, would I be insane? Would this even work? I've used chain before, but never on such a small scale as individual marines, and I've always left it free moving, while this will be attached (for the most part) al the way along the length of the chain (maybe the dreadnaught will be free moving).

Any ideas/advice? I'll be sure to keep everyone posted about this crazy idea.

Ossai
18-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Well, you would be wrong. Our Assault marines are troops and we have veteran assault marines (basically vanguards but I think cheaper) as well as gettting free death company.

The chains would work I think, and to make them more BA the only thing you can really do is paint them red and put the symbol on their shoulder. Also all tactical marines have a red helm, all assault marines have a yellow, all devs have a blue, and all honour guard have a golden helm.

Consadine
18-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Can't help you with the chains, but chains aren't what I think of when I think of Blood Angels. Red and black color schemes, blood drop iconography... not chains.

Ossai
18-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Yea, chains are more of a Black Templar thing.

Carrelio
18-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Really? I suppose you are right... though just the blood drops is far too plain... there will definitely be chains on my Blood Angels.

Consadine
18-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Winged blood drops should do it :p Likeso:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/BloodAngeldoorsstore.jpg
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/f/fa/Blood_Angels_Badge.png

Carrelio
18-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Certainly, there will be blood... but mark my words! I'm going in search of more! MORE I SAY!

Ossai
18-10-2009, 10:26 PM
More is always good :D

Honsou
18-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Certainly, there will be blood... but mark my words! I'm going in search of more! MORE I SAY!

Is it just me, or does this sound more like Khornate boys? XD

As to chains... well blood angels aint the first thing that comes to mind... more girls, but that's a whole different story XD Seriously though, what you're suggesting should work fine- just make sure it's fine chain, if it's too big it'll just look silly.

Carrelio
19-10-2009, 12:20 AM
I once read a piece of fiction about the meeting of Sanguinius and Horus which said Sanguinius had actually fallen to chaos and had teleported aboard Horus's ship in an attempt, not to stop him, but to overthrow him and take the possition. Though complete fiction with nothing to back it up, it was quite a good 'what if' which I was just reminded of from that Khornate comment... maybe I will tie it in somehow.

RagingEwok
19-10-2009, 06:22 PM
The iconography, purity seals and spells or wards written on the blood angels to help quell the thirst sounds good to me.

Also you could just wait to see if they release new models for blood angels seeing as they are rumored to have the codex ready and waiting for a release schedule. RUMORED though so I don't have a time table for when they will be.

Carrelio
19-10-2009, 06:40 PM
I suppose I could work on my Dark Eldar a bit while I wait and see if BA are getting new models...

Honsou
20-10-2009, 12:17 PM
I once read a piece of fiction about the meeting of Sanguinius and Horus which said Sanguinius had actually fallen to chaos and had teleported aboard Horus's ship in an attempt, not to stop him, but to overthrow him and take the possition. Though complete fiction with nothing to back it up, it was quite a good 'what if' which I was just reminded of from that Khornate comment... maybe I will tie it in somehow.

An interesting tidea, but one made impossible by canon fluff. If you find it again though, drop me a word to say where it was, would be interesting to read at least.

Carrelio
20-10-2009, 08:43 PM
If I come across it again in my quest for fluff, I'll be sure to send you a link

Honsou
20-10-2009, 10:43 PM
You do that.

Ossai
21-10-2009, 02:17 AM
An interesting tidea, but one made impossible by canon fluff. If you find it again though, drop me a word to say where it was, would be interesting to read at least.
Same here, would be interesting to say the leasrt :D