PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings question.

Yarrick79
16-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Hello fellow gamers. I just have a quick question for those of you that play LOR. My fiancee and I are thinking about getting into the game but I could have sworn they sold a starter box set. When I went to go check the GW website I couldn't find it. Should I just buy the rulebook first to see if we are even going to like the rules? If anyone has any suggestions/advice please let me know. Thank you.

David

Marticus
16-10-2009, 03:26 PM
as far as i know they do, its the mines of morai starter set, not the best set they do but you get the full fellowship, 24 moria goblins and a cave troll too plus the scenary and mini rule book.

Yarrick79
17-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Thank you Marticus. I figured as much but if you think about it $90 isn't too bad for a boxed set. I might either just break down and buy the rule book first to see if we like it or I'll go into my local GW store to watch a game played in action. You wouldn't happen to know if this games mechanics are more complicated then WH Fantasy would you? Thanks again.

David

Marticus
17-10-2009, 02:48 PM
i would indeed know :) no the game mechanics are very simple, smooth and effective on skirmish level. go try a game, if you like it and get moria set can always ebay off the bits and keep the mini rules.
the system is good, but very differant to fantasy, i could give you an example, but i dont know how it would be me explaintig rules on here, so iif ya wanna know pm me