PDA

View Full Version : Custom Bases

gcsmith
13-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey guys gonna have some photos soon of some custom bases ive made, They are made from translucent blue acryllic and are same size as 40k bases. Im gonna use them as the ice of my up and comming guard's homeworld. So has anyone else done something similar. and because my mate wants to try and sell these kind of things, who thinks they would sell and how much per base?

Consadine
13-10-2009, 08:58 PM
You'd have to do research into the competition. There are oodles of companies that sell pre-cast bases. Of course, I can't think of any off the top of my head, but if you listen to any Warhammer podcasts you'll hear some of the ads. Jawaballs has some, I know.

Honsou
13-10-2009, 09:03 PM
To be entirely honest with you, if they are just basic bases then you're unlikely to sell them particularly effectively- there are already many, many options- besides which they come with any pack.

If you're looking to sell, then you're gonna want to do something different- specialized bases for display pieces, or something of that ilk; something that people will have a reason to want to buy... instead of just painting up the standard ones.

Hephesto
14-10-2009, 01:12 AM
Could work out. There 1 or 2 other companies out there who sell translucant base coverings to represent icy bases. Rather interested to see how they turned out, so really looking forward to those pics!

grimdisco
14-10-2009, 01:21 AM
I think you may have some possibility's if you have a texture and not just flat.