PDA

View Full Version : GW Water Pot

Tall
13-10-2009, 07:13 PM
As anyone tried the new water pot with the slots for holding your brushes?
Is it worth burning 3 quid on?

Consadine
13-10-2009, 07:26 PM
I'll venture on the side of no, absolutely not. Buy some paint instead :p

Honsou
13-10-2009, 07:33 PM
As anyone tried the new water pot with the slots for holding your brushes?
Is it worth burning 3 quid on?

No, even the guys at the stores point it out as a pure rip-off. It's basically aimed at small kids, or rather their parents who can put it in stockings or whatnot. Don't waste your money on it- use a mug, and spend the money on a brush, paints or save it for buying some models.

Silver
13-10-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm still waiting for them to sell the Official Games Workshop miniature painting water™

Consadine
13-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm still waiting for them to sell the Official Games Workshop miniature painting water™

Sssssh! You'll give them ideas!

The Dim Reaper
13-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Didn't MacDonalds try that at one stage? Ronald McDonalds spring water. Turns out it was tap water they bottled and sold at €1.35 a pop....

Step 1: Sell tap water
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Profit!!!

Captain Castus
13-10-2009, 07:41 PM
How about about official GW air?

Breath it whilst you paint... :D

Yeah... Give the pot a miss! ;)

CC

Consadine
13-10-2009, 07:42 PM
How about about official GW air?

Like this (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1350027)?

Inquisitor Alex
13-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Like this (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1350027)?

Nurgle's Bowels ! They've already done it !

ps - all bottled water is a ripoff. Most countries have higher standards on their tapwater than they do on bottled stuff. "Evian" is "Naive" spelt backwards. Best. Marketing. Scam. Ever. Even beats the GW "spraygun and paintwash" combo -"We'll sell you half the paint for the same price (with added GW brand tapwater!), and a nifty hand flamer to blast it all over your (official GW) spraying-box (45 pounds + shipping fees) with ! Waste materials and money the 'EAVY METAL(tm,c,etc) way !"

Honsou
13-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Nurgle's Bowels ! They've already done it !

ps - all bottled water is a ripoff. Most countries have higher standards on their tapwater than they do on bottled stuff. "Evian" is "Naive" spelt backwards. Best. Marketing. Scam. Ever. Even beats the GW "spraygun and paintwash" combo -"We'll sell you half the paint for the same price (with added GW brand tapwater!), and a nifty hand flamer to blast it all over your (official GW) spraying-box (45 pounds + shipping fees) with ! Waste materials and money the 'EAVY METAL(tm,c,etc) way !"

Ah that's the funny thing... they don't use the damn things ;)

I'm seeing some interesting ideas here, but I personally am worried about them selling "GW issue waste newspaper" ;) As to bottled water... well I think it was Adam Hills who did a great bit on that XD

aardvark
13-10-2009, 11:34 PM
I have a nifty thing I got a while back. See photo.

It allows you to suspend your brushes in the water without the bristles getting squished in the bottom or full of old pigment from the bottom. There's a mesh filter to keep sediment from swirling up.

If anyone is interested, I manged to get hold of 5 more this week and will be listing them on eBay at the weekend under "Model Kits" "paints and accessories". Not seen anything else like it listed before.

Musashi
14-10-2009, 07:30 AM
Here are the things i look for in a water pot.

1) it must hold water..........

oh wait, just the one thats a suprise.

I use an old mug, works fine

Tall
14-10-2009, 08:05 AM
But looking at the device aardvark is selling, it's similar to the GW's water pot where it suspends the bushes just in the water.
But I take it from the many positive replies GW brand Toilet paper would be a better investment?

Captain Castus
14-10-2009, 08:29 AM

LOL...

Thing is... The price comes up as £0 for me on that link! Free air!! Woohoo! :D

CC

kharn the betrayer
14-10-2009, 12:08 PM
I use an old cup with no handle that the misus was going to throw out....

I do have a pallet though cost me 49pence.

So no I for one will not be trying or buying one, butI think Minion was going to partake....

Ossai
14-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Quoted from their website:
Please note: This product cannot be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.

That is unfortunate. No air for the Hawaians, Alaskans or Puerto Ricans

Inquisitor Alex
14-10-2009, 03:01 PM
I use a "company logo" mug from a job I didn't like. Jar lids for palettes. That spring thing looks like it'd last longer than the plastic paint-pot-lid, but if you read the package, it makes no sense - "with practical clamping coil for kink-free bristles" What does that mean ? you're putting the handle of the brush in the spring. Nothing's touching the bristles... wierd way of saying it keeps your brushes from bending in the pot of water maybe, but it sounds like the thing is supposed to actually "clean" yoyr brushes instead of suspending them. I never soak brushes anyway - the glue that holds the bristles into the ferrule could dissolve too, you never know. rinse and dry, that's all you need to do...

Aeth
14-10-2009, 04:50 PM
An old coffee jar for me.

Silver
14-10-2009, 05:45 PM
LOL...

Thing is... The price comes up as £0 for me on that link! Free air!! Woohoo! :D

CC

My god you're right! They first time GW is offering anything for free, EVEN IF IT IS AIR, is a historic moment! Take a deep breath... (no pun intended lol)

Consadine
14-10-2009, 05:47 PM
They've had free shipping for several months now... the perpetual "Free Shipping for this month only!" gimmick :p

Inquisitor023
14-10-2009, 06:01 PM
And the fact it is no longer available.

To anyone.

At all.

Read the damned thing. :p

Inquisitor Alex
14-10-2009, 07:42 PM
When I open the link, it says "not to Hawaii, Alaska, or PuertoRico", and it costs 9 $ (about 4 pounds 50) - I think it'll display differently depending on where you are\which gw site you get as default. Why not Alaska ? does compressed air implode in the cold ? Why not Hawaii ? is it not supposed to be stored near volcanos ? Why Puerto Rico ? Will the blazing Caribean sun cause it to ignite ? Wierd logic....

Honsou
14-10-2009, 09:23 PM
When I open the link, it says "not to Hawaii, Alaska, or PuertoRico", and it costs 9 $ (about 4 pounds 50) - I think it'll display differently depending on where you are\which gw site you get as default. Why not Alaska ? does compressed air implode in the cold ? Why not Hawaii ? is it not supposed to be stored near volcanos ? Why Puerto Rico ? Will the blazing Caribean sun cause it to ignite ? Wierd logic....

Import regulations that would end up making life difficult for GW- like most companies in that situation they figure "screw it, we just wont ship there."

LAZtheinfamous
14-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Didn't MacDonalds try that at one stage? Ronald McDonalds spring water. Turns out it was tap water they bottled and sold at €1.35 a pop....

Step 2: ????

Yeah, I worked at the golden arches at the time. Everyone was issued a little book to show how much waste we were causing. So everything had its 'price to mcdonalds', which include packing, shipping, and labor (making it etc). The bottled water cost TWO CENTS total to McDonalds, including packing, shipping, etc. And it was sold for $1.50. For a whopping $1.48 profit. That was one of the many things that made me leave that company.

The Dim Reaper
14-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Aha so we finally found out what step 2 is folks.

Step 2: Make price 7400% more than its worth

Ronald, we've done it again!

Cheers,

Dim

Captain Kellen
15-10-2009, 12:18 AM
*Pulls out pnuematic nail gun and looks at the coffin with a smile on his face*

Don't waste you money on the pot.

Ossai
15-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Import regulations that would end up making life difficult for GW- like most companies in that situation they figure "screw it, we just wont ship there."
Import Regulations? Two of the three places are the same country...why would importing it be any harder for one part of the country than the other?

Im not saying you are wrong, I just want to know why there are different import restrictions for different parts of the company.

Captain Kellen
15-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Import Regulations? Two of the three places are the same country...why would importing it be any harder for one part of the country than the other?

Im not saying you are wrong, I just want to know why there are different import restrictions for different parts of the company.

Hawaii and Alaska have import restrictions on weird things. For example, Hawaii has a restriction on animals becasue there are no animals with rabies on the islands and they don't want it or plants that could harm the eco system.

Ossai
15-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Ah right, okay. An island is understandable, But Alaska? Unless it melts the ice what is wrong with it?...

Captain Kellen
15-10-2009, 12:43 AM
You got me on the Alaska shipping.

It might be tighter state restrictions on what can bought online and shipped into the state... kind of like buying fertilizer online and having it shipped through the mail. They may not mind that its sold but consider it hazardous if shipped through the mail.

The feds have their rules and the state... actually in some cases... can have more restrictive or looser rules. The 10th admendment covers that sort of thing... the feds can't tell the state how to run itself.

Honsou
15-10-2009, 08:36 AM
The man said it- the states are responsible for those regulations, not the federal government. Result is that even between neighbour states there can be HUGE variations.

Aha so we finally found out what step 2 is folks.

Step 2: Make price 7400% more than its worth

Ronald, we've done it again!

Cheers,

Dim
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x203/Honsou_Eshara/ronaldgetsshow-1.gif

KaizerVonAwesome
16-10-2009, 08:31 AM

Stop or you'll give em...

Sssssh! You'll give them ideas!

... ideas.

I am personally anxiously awaiting Official GW Air. The limited edition air was breathed by Rick Priestly himself. It costs $80 bucks per tank and get em soon because there will be another price raise (or fifteen).

*edit* of course this air would be of average or less than average quality, like bottled water or GW brushes.

Drakdylon
16-10-2009, 08:35 AM

That stuff went OOP like, five years ago. Something about causing brain damage and cancer in small children???

I dunno. Anyways, I used it and I'm fine! (I think...)

Honsou
16-10-2009, 12:04 PM
That explains a few things... ;)

Inquisitor Alex
16-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Just on a side note - that video clip of the Burger king shooting Ronald Mcdonald is hilarious.

Honsou
16-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Just on a side note - that video clip of the Burger king shooting Ronald Mcdonald is hilarious.

I know, right? Cracks me up every time.