PDA

View Full Version : Sentinels

Arctophylax Faren
11-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Anyone have any of the new Sentinels that they've turned into Scouts? I need the featureless frame part that is leftover when you make a Scout Sentinel, it's the part that you attach the armour panels to.

I'm in serious need of 3 total, so anyone who's made some Scout Sentinels recently and has the part(s) spare, I'd be interested in organising something. Can either PM me or reply to this thread.

Thanks for looking!

Honsou
11-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Sorry, but I'll ask around some of my IG playing buddies. You never know what might come forth from that. Good luck finding 'em.

Arctophylax Faren
12-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Cheers, it's much appreciated! If I can get them it'll give me a total of 3 Armoured and 3 Scout Sentinels, which is expensive but looks great! I bloody love Sentinels :D

KaizerVonAwesome
12-10-2009, 09:25 AM
barr I've only got a Steel Legion sentinel from way back when (counts as armored I would imagine). I love Sentinels too :)

Hialmar
15-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Nope Sorry, I am using mine to make the armoured sentinels. In looking at the parts when I was making mine, I thought that it might be possible to use the Scout Roll Bars filed down a little bit on which to hang the armor plating, rather then the frame piece you are looking for. It is just a thought but maybe the Roll Bars will work for you.

Inquisitor Alex
15-10-2009, 03:25 AM
Looking at the way they go together, if you do it carefully, you can assemble the armored cab without the underframe. It'll need patching at the back with plasticard, maybe, but if you do it one piece at a time, or maybe re-enforce it with a bit of sprue, it should work.

Arctophylax Faren
15-10-2009, 10:10 AM
It's going to be open topped though, so it would look a little grim?

Inquisitor Alex
15-10-2009, 09:43 PM
I dunno. the inside box bit is kinda chunky and featureless too - I thought you were building the closed cab, didn't know you wanted them still open-hatched with armor. Might work without the sprue if you line the bits up carefully and glue them edge-to-edge.

Arctophylax Faren
16-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Nah - I already have 3 armoured ones, and now I wanted to use the open top armour to make scouts. Would they count as scouts even if they have the armour frame cockpit as opposed to the bars?
Plasticard could work. Think that might be my only option if I can't get any trades!

Drakdylon
16-10-2009, 08:31 AM
I'd wondered about having the "Cadian pattern" sentinels with the open tops count as Scouts...

Perhaps you could look for the parts you need online, from a bits dealer? I realize that's probably not much help.

I assume they could be assembled without the frame, but you'd need something for the back panel, as Inquisitor Alex said.

arceus1018
16-10-2009, 09:31 AM
I just put the amroured parts without the roof for my sentinels, that way I can count them as armoured or scouts.