PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Missile Launchers

KaizerVonAwesome
10-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I was wondering how everyone paints the exhaust part on the back end of the missile launcher. Is that an opening actually? I can't tell.

I've always just painted it gray or silver but I'm doing on an Alpha Legion guy and now I'm wondering.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w245/LDSilver999/MISSILE.jpg

Honsou
10-10-2009, 08:34 PM
I paint it either black or the color of the weapon, because it isn't necessarily an exhaust- it isn't indicated, and from a weapons point of view there is no actual reason for it to be.

Essentially: your call.

Scoppio
10-10-2009, 08:58 PM
just put a hole on it... I'll do that on my models when I get the chance.

Honsou
10-10-2009, 09:43 PM
just put a hole on it... I'll do that on my models when I get the chance.

No reason to do that though...

Tallarn
10-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Normally there wont be any burn marks at the end, they will be at the front. Once the rocket exits the tube the flame trail might char up the end a bit.

Most rockets dont hang out the back of the launcher...

Scoppio
10-10-2009, 11:22 PM
No reason to do that though...

Theres also no reason to paint your army, nor to give it a name or fluf, in game terms, it will change nothing.

KaizerVonAwesome
11-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Well the reason I ask is because I've seen rockets, or missiles (dunno if there's a technical difference), launched in videos and some covering at the back explodes off the launcher. Conversely, the back of an old bazooka is wide open. I know there is a thing called back draft or whatever that comes out the back.

I'll be happy with it either way but if I could be realistic I'd be much happier.

Although now I know there are burn marks at the front. Thank you Tallarn. Never thought about that.

Honsou
11-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Well the reason I ask is because I've seen rockets, or missiles (dunno if there's a technical difference), launched in videos and some covering at the back explodes off the launcher. Conversely, the back of an old bazooka is wide open. I know there is a thing called back draft or whatever that comes out the back.

I'll be happy with it either way but if I could be realistic I'd be much happier.

Although now I know there are burn marks at the front. Thank you Tallarn. Never thought about that.

Fact is that modern launchers do not necessarily have the back free, nor do they necessarily have venting at the back. Essentially, it's a personal choice for you whether you want it to be open or not or vented, etc.

KaizerVonAwesome
11-10-2009, 07:13 PM
covered it is.

Thanks everybody, much appreciated.