PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point Vampire counts list

Littha
07-10-2009, 10:39 PM
just started collecting vampire counts and bought some models and id like oppinions on what to do to expand/equip my list

models i have:
Vampire on nightmare with standard
Vampire on foot (not assembled yet)
10 Ghouls
20 Zombies
10 Skeletons
Corpse cart
8 Blood knights (converted from empire knights and bits off the skeleton sprue)

all that works out at about 1300 points with all the upgrades i can give them but nearly half my points would be spent on blood knights.

anyway id like some advice on what to get next or how to equip my units. I think id like to have one of the vampires be a solid spellcaster and one be a melee character but that dosent matter so much

Killer
07-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Those are some awesome models you have there!

May I suggest opening up a WIP to show us your progress?

Oh, ummm, where, was I? Ah yes, the list... Well I'm not the authority here on Astro on VC... come to think of it- not anything!... but anyway...

I think that in a 1000pt list and anything under 3000pts, 5 Blood Knights should be enough in the list!

But don't dispair- it does not mean the others are wasted- they can always be used for Characters and Blackknight Champions...

But sofar everything else you have there is pretty much a must-have!

So now we wait for Japelio and the others to give you some more indepth advice...

Littha
08-10-2009, 01:10 AM
unfortunatlu no camera or i would :(

Killer
08-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Ah man! That is really sad! :(

But I know how you feel- I have to borrow a camera from a friend the whole time!

Maybe Christmas I'll get lucky! :D

Ossai
08-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Grave guard.

You need these guys to protect your vamp on foot. If you give him the tomb blade (every wound he causes allows you to add one more skellie to your unit) and then the Red Thirst (every wound that hits allows you to have another attack) that could mount up to about 8 new grave guard. Also these guys are hard as nails without him. Killing blow is a nice touch and they are a great bodyguard.

japehlio
08-10-2009, 05:13 PM
sorry Ossai, but the tomb blade doesnt work if the weilder is with grave guard! can only summon skeleton warriors!

as for you Littha, my new apprentice, (emperor style lol) i suggest buying another vampire count battalion, it will bump your units of skellies and ghouls up to 20 each (realistiaclly the proper size for them), it will give you some spare zombies which you can raise up, and another corpse cart (if you want 2, personally i dont use them at all) so if not, but the boxes separately. For a smaller game, Id use the blood knights as black knights (55pts per model is VERY expensive)... thats all for now, but il be back.

Ossai
08-10-2009, 10:25 PM
sorry Ossai, but the tomb blade doesnt work if the weilder is with grave guard! can only summon skeleton warriors!

Damn, oh well. My point still stands, Grave Guard are still a brilliant defencive unit for your vampire.

Littha
10-10-2009, 06:37 AM
just put my skeletons together and realised that there are infact 20 in the box...

so another 10 ghouls is a good idea then?

japehlio
10-10-2009, 01:00 PM
yes. and zombies.