standard of hag gref
crimson death

15 black guard points 290
full command
standard of slaughter
ring of hotek

repeater bolt thrower points 100

total points

this is a theme army I want to base of ninjas and dark samurai ronins. As far as that goes I wanted to have an army that is fast mainly lightly armored strikes rapidly and moves like they are in the shadows. So I have invested in dark riders and shades and assassins which in my op ion are very ninja like.

Dark samurai on the other hand are expertly trained warriors who specialize in had to hand combat. With swift strikes that are meant to kill instantly, on top of that they are expert archers who were that accurate that the were able to shot an arrow and hit their target in the eye. So my warriors crossbow men (I'm wondering if I can proxy them to have longbows that use the same rules as repeater crossbows)and black guard are my dark samurai.

The sorceress is going to use the lore of shadows as that will fit within this theme the only thing is that I need to keep her away from my second unit of black guard which I think wouldn't be that hard.

At the same time I dont know if 3000 points id to much but this is what I envisoned this army to look like and 3000 points is what it cost to have I will try to make a 2250 point army but as far as that goes what do you think about this army

Faileas
04-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Wheres the Executioners!?! Expect hand to hand fighters with a killing blow doublehanded sword, sounds samurai to me *grins* also they look fantastic

Marticus
04-10-2009, 08:59 AM
cant give the same character 2 items from arcane dude... tomb and focus familiar, gotta be one or the other

Killer
04-10-2009, 09:53 AM
First off, welcome to Astro, dude!

Why not quickly go and introduce yourself in the "Introduce Yourself" section? HERE... (http://www.astronomican.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35) Then we can get to know you and you'll meet some real interesting characters and get some REP and and and... Aww man its just awesome- trust me!

Now about your army- Its a really cool theme and if you can pull it off there will be buckets off REP in it for you!!!

But I agree with Faileas- I think that Executioners are much more Ronin Samurai-like than black gaurd. And they are a very good unit that should be in just about any list! I would suggest to play a unit of both...

A supporting lvl2 spellcaster might be a good idea too! Your sorceress just won't get any spells off with no support!
The Lore of the Dark Elves might be a good idea for the 2nd lvl wizard- Like the spinning blades spell, and the spell that gives extra power dice etc. will all support your army and fit into the fluff perfectly!

Well thats my 2 cents... Oh yeah- we expect some pics soon! ;)

Good hunting!

Dyabolikal
04-10-2009, 09:58 AM
they strike last though...... and samuri use katanas and are famous for sword strikes from the scabbard in other words they strike first and kill on that strike. didnt know that I could only use one item from the arcane items list as I am a new player where is the rule that states that as I need to know that kind of information

Faileas
04-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Most of the Samuri-type things i've seen have them using two hands on their swords though! as for striking last.....you have a 10' charge......you should make the first attack and the 'killing blow' sits fantastic with them drawing and killing in one move.

nice theme, I second the pictures requests :D

Dyabolikal
04-10-2009, 10:19 AM
as Im new to warhammer if you charge you strike first even though you have great swords ok I didnt know that
that changes things a little

Killer
04-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Yes, the Executioners do stike last in consecutive rounds of combat, but strike first on the charge- That fits in perfectly with the Samurai theme- They developed a tecnique to strike as they draw their swords in one movement, but their swords where heavy and cumbersome in comparison with the Ninjas' smaller, shorter and ligher katana- and in one on one encounters, the heavily armed and armoured Samurai often came second to the lighting fast and mobile ninja!

The ninjas also had some dirty tricks up their sleves, but their speed and mobility where the bane of the Samurai!

Thus I think the Executioners would work briliantly as Ronin Samurai!

A good idea would be to take a day and read through the rulebook and then play a game and ask some questions in the Rules section! That is the best way to learn the rules!
As soon as you have that under your belt, then comes tactics (or how to bend the rules and use the rules to your advantage) ;)