PDA

View Full Version : Paint Schemes

Silent_P
01-10-2009, 11:09 PM
It just occurred to me, while cruising the forums, that my army is distinctly... GREEN. The reason for this was my initial inspiration of creating an IG force that was reminiscent of the early days in Vietnam. Hence the straight green uniforms or "pickle suits" which is going to lead into the tiger-striped camo worn by the "fresh troops".

Dzzy, on the other hand, informed me that my guardsmen were "boring" and needed some flair. Of course, I promptly responded with, "I'm not painting them pink."

Any suggestions on a potential means to "augment" my greenies?

Consadine
01-10-2009, 11:13 PM
If you're looking for an "army green", try Catachan Green. You can get the same result with regular Dark Angels Green mixed with Bleached Bone. I think that's the color on Cadian armor.

Silent_P
01-10-2009, 11:18 PM
I've been using Liquitex brand paint, the color I settled on is chromium oxide green. It's rather pleasant in my opinion. I'll see about getting a regular trooper finished and posted for your inspection.

Zorganist
03-10-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm not a big fan of green gurdsmen. Probabaly becuase the main colour for Cadians and Catachans is green. My Guardsmen have Mordian Blue armour and a Codex Grey/Chaos Black mix for the fatigues. I quite like it. Better than green.

Although i am now tempted to paint one pink ti see what it's like...

mrmorgan666
03-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Pink IG for the win! :D

Mr.

Hephesto
04-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Well you like the green, so no problems I would say ;)

As for getting more variation in there, adding stuff like symbols, icons and squad markings can already add a lot to the minis and make them look less 'green'.

Aeth
04-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Stick with the green if you like it, otherwise maybe adding brown/black spotches to make a camo pattern.

LAZtheinfamous
05-10-2009, 02:11 AM
Forget what others say. Green is fine, even brillant green. You just need to give 'em a dry brush of another shade. That may tone it down, and bring things into a better relief. Also additional contrasting colors to bring sharper relief.