PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 Points - Southland's Lizardmen.

Jihad Jack
24-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Hey everyone,
Some of you guys on the forums have found out that I main the lizardmen army and I try to help out other budding spawnlings with whatever knowelge I could come up with to help. I am posting this thread because I need some help for an up-comming casual tourney that my local game store is host and I would like to have a new take on my usual list that I always bring to play with. Most of the time I play I use a standard Sarus warrior assassination list and now, i want to try making a list built around the Warhammer Fantasy Lore and insted of playing Lustria like 80% of the lizard players I decided to make a southlands themed army list and for the 1k point limit im having some Issues on picking the units seeing core is pretty much filled up at the moment. So please any input would be grand of what to add to throw out anything. So here is what I came up with for an 1k list. Please not my math might be off a tad here and there.

Leaders:

Skink Warchief
Equip: Piranha Blade
Bane Head
Light Armor
Total:

Skink Priest LVL 2
Equip: Dispell Scroll
Itxi Grubs
Total:

Core:
Saurus Warriors x 10
Stats:Champion
Muscican
Standard
Spears

Skink Skirmishers x 20

Special:
Cold One Cav.
Champion
Musician
Standard
Magic Standard "Warbanner"

Now my total is approx 647 points, I dont know what to add to help out
should Kroxigors go into the list?
Chamelon Skinks should be in there?
Get some jungle Swarms?
Grab more saurus warriors?

I want to make sure that poision is going to be taken full advantage of. I want to stay within the southlands lore.

Thanks

Noray
24-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Southland is skinks. More Skinks!

Jihad Jack
24-09-2009, 09:34 PM
only problem that im having is the fragility of the skinks. Should I had more or get some of the chamelon skinks and the jungle herds?

I dunno maybe knock the point list down a bit. Right now I possess 24 skinks i think that might be enough for the basic?

Snoza
25-09-2009, 01:52 AM
I would also suggest getting a Couple of Stegadons there probably from the Southlands :P, and yeah more skinks :)

Snoza

Killer
25-09-2009, 01:57 PM
What I would do if I were you is to split the skinks into two units with 2 Kroxies in each!

They make exellent flanking units, because they're fast, hit hard and cuase fear!

Really cool units!

And if you can, a Steggie with a skink shaman and the Engen of the Gods is REALLY potent! And in a 1000pts it will just be CRAZY!

Jihad Jack
25-09-2009, 11:01 PM
hmmm?
A Stegodon, Might have to find out where my friend stashed my converted one to represent one with EoTG.

Yes I took a Stego and threw some TAU bits onto him heheh.

Killer
25-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Hmmm, a futuristic dinosaur...

... A new spin on an old concept... :p

PICS! WHERE ARE THE PICS?! I DEMAND PICS!

Jihad Jack
25-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Hmmm, a futuristic dinosaur...

... A new spin on an old concept... :p

PICS! WHERE ARE THE PICS?! I DEMAND PICS!

On the way just need a digi cam give me week. Till then look foward to my other works. Anyway back on topic, Cold ones worth it I bet they are.

Killer
25-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Indeed! Slap the banner on them that protect them vs Shooting and a bloodthirsty, Scar Veteran with a cool magical weapon, and you've got one damn scary squad there!... Use them wisely! ;)

EDIT: They don't need a Warbanner. Especially not in a 1000pt game! They usually do enough wounds on the charge to break a unit of Chaos Warriors!

GuinnessGremlin
29-09-2009, 12:21 AM
I highly reccomend the Cold One riders. They hit hard, cause fear and a unit of 8 counts as 16 for unit strength. Of course for just a little more a unit can get a rank bonus too. (I use 8 as an example because thats what the box comes with).
I prefer the hammer and the nail method though, one powerful sticking unit of saurus in the middle with a flanking unit of coldones on the side, on the other side, a potential flanking unit of skinks and some skirmishers off to the side.

I'm strange, I like to put my Scar vet gen and my scar vet bsb in the main unit of saurus with spears. I beef up the unit to 20 making them very tough to dislodge, viscious on the charge, stiff on defense.

Jihad Jack
29-09-2009, 01:49 AM
hey thanks guinness wondering when you were going to pipe up, heck remember the very first army list I posted on the fourms waaay back and how that list looks compared to now?

Killer
02-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Cold Ones are some of the best calvalry in the game! But I prefer to take them in units of 5 (with a hero) or 6 as a plain flanking unit!

But don't for one moment underestimate them! They can break just about any unit on the charge from any side, so they don't HAVE to be used as flankers only!

They are some real tough customers to face- believe me, I know!

Jihad Jack
06-10-2009, 12:19 AM
sooo just thoughts?

what about jungle swarms huh, them seem pretty good. Not sure if anything would need to be cut away.

also if anyone is interested in playing my 1000 point list that you guys want to try you hand feel free to PM me for it, Im going to be using it at a local touney / leaugue night. so looking for play testers.

Ghostmaker
06-10-2009, 01:11 AM
I think that Jungle swarms would be a good idea for this list. They are unbreakable and can hold up a unit for your others to flank charge them. I also agree that this list is screaming for some Kroxigors in a skink unit. I'd love to see a pic when you have the entire army arayed for battle.

Cheers

Jihad Jack
06-10-2009, 01:53 AM
actually insted of them I can drop the cav models, then add some chamelion skinks. I can field 6 of them or 9 jungle swarms. Im only thinking the special skinks because when I shoot with their blowguns I can do up to 60 attacks with poision is it worth it? Scouting rule should help get some easy kills. I dont know hmmm swarms or Chamelions I just dont want to work with cavs seeing im so poison heavy.

Killer
06-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Well, to me swarms, any kind of swarms, are useless! The Chameleon Skinks are DEFINITELY a much better choice!

But I wouldn't neccesarily drop the Cavalry- I think that they'd own just about anything in a 1000pt game! And people like dropping in those big nasties in Smaller games, so you just might need some serious hitting power to deal with those! And they're fast too!

Poison is a cute ability- all it does is wound automatically on a TO HIT roll of a 6, but the strength stays the same. Don't get me wrong- it is a very useful ability, but I don't think it is worth building a whole army around it! Well unless you WANT to make a themed list...

But I really think you'll need the Calvalry or a Anchient Stegadon with the Engen!

Jihad Jack
06-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Well, to me swarms, any kind of swarms, are useless! The Chameleon Skinks are DEFINITELY a much better choice!

But I wouldn't neccesarily drop the Cavalry- I think that they'd own just about anything in a 1000pt game! And people like dropping in those big nasties in Smaller games, so you just might need some serious hitting power to deal with those! And they're fast too!

Poison is a cute ability- all it does is wound automatically on a TO HIT roll of a 6, but the strength stays the same. Don't get me wrong- it is a very useful ability, but I don't think it is worth building a whole army around it! Well unless you WANT to make a themed list...

But I really think you'll need the Calvalry or a Anchient Stegadon with the Engen!

yeah I tested out the swarms, and did not like them that much just for the fact they are speed bumps and sometimes I dont land 6's most of the time for poision and dont want to burn up my re-rolls for offesives that wont work. The special skinks 60 attacks seems too much and 6's are not reliable like you said then again something that needs to be play tested. Now the cavs im going to get....already ordered the Tichi Huichi squad and a elite on cold one. Now achent stego, why do i keep forgetting about stegos in the first place. I currently use the older codex so I have no idea what the engine of the gods really does but I know what the basic stego does.

Killer
07-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Well then- I definitly urge you to get the new armybook! It has changed drastically since 6th ed!

Kroxies my now join units of skinks! Terradons can drop stones; and the engen- man, that thing is an army on its own!

So do yourself a favour...

Jihad Jack
08-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Well then- I definitly urge you to get the new armybook! It has changed drastically since 6th ed!

Kroxies my now join units of skinks! Terradons can drop stones; and the engen- man, that thing is an army on its own!

So do yourself a favour...

Yeah, I know. thats what the employ over at the local game store keep saying. I got the 6th because it was 1/2 price just to practice list building and get acclimated to the rules. I might get it for next pay check seeing I like the new rules for comet of cassendora. But engine of gods sounds pretty nasty from what the employees speak of it.

Killer
08-10-2009, 07:53 AM
NASTY?! Its just plain old mean!!!

Definitly worth it! :D

Awesome model too!

Jihad Jack
08-10-2009, 04:45 PM
^
5 more days till WIP deadline. And stegodon mdel that comes with ridable skinks I hear. Can anyone confirm?

Killer
09-10-2009, 08:32 AM
YEP!

that is if you mean... no, wait... I don't understand the question... :confused:

The Stegadon comes in a sprue with parts to build either a Stegadon with Giant Bow, Giant blowpipe, 5 crew and Anchient Stegadon with Engen of the Gods...

Hope that helps!

Jihad Jack
09-10-2009, 06:34 PM
YEP!

that is if you mean... no, wait... I don't understand the question... :confused:

The Stegadon comes in a sprue with parts to build either a Stegadon with Giant Bow, Giant blowpipe, 5 crew and Anchient Stegadon with Engen of the Gods...

Hope that helps!

I did not know if I had to provide the riders, or did they come in the package with the stego.

Killer
09-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Ah, I knew that! :p :D

Anyway- all joking aside- yes, all the crew and riders are included.

;)