PDA

View Full Version : I'l starting LoTR!

arceus1018
23-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Gooday chaps, after some pondering (and Pedro bribing me) I've finally decided to start LoTR. I've always played the baddies in all fantasy based games so I'm gonna be sided with the white loaf of bread instead (haha, getit?). ANyways, I've decided to side with Rohan, since I've heard that their calvary is one of the best in the game and they have some pretty decent characters to go along with them (I'm not going Minas Tirith or the elves cuz' a friend of mine already has them and we want a bit of variety when we play). I don't really know what I should add but I'm revolving around this:

Around 35 rohan wariors with assorted weapons
12 Rohan Riders
Aragon (heard that he's the best CC character)
Legolas or Gandalf (the grey or white)
Captain
Flag bearer

Something small and simple but I'd also like some suggestions.

Cheers, Arceus

Captain Castus
23-09-2009, 02:46 PM
*THREAD LOCKED DUE TO POINTLESSNESS*

CC

p.s. Just kidding... ;)

Vulpus Rex
23-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Are you playing War of the Ring or LoTR Strategy Battle?

Hephesto
23-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Pfff...best cavalry in the game, try Swan Knight of Dol Amroth or the even tougher Black Numenorean cavalry :p

Seriously though, it is a quite rewarding and fun game! Quick question which version will you be play, skirmish or war of the ring? Has a rather big impact on any advice I might be able to give. And secondly if you're going with skirmish which rulebook and armybooks do you have. And finally, once more skirmish related, do you intend to use one of the armylists from the Legions of Middle Earth book (if so make certain you check out the comprehensive errata here (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1310009_Legions_of_Middle-earth_FAQ_2006-10_Edition.pdf)!

Once I have some more info I'll be more than happy to help out where needed! Might even be able to pass some Rohan-related minis to you, got a ton way back when they released that magazine with free minis. I'll check ;)

japehlio
23-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Black Numenoreans? True, they're tough. But they wont hurt anything with their feeble, wasted little arms...

Hephesto
24-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Same armour and weaponry of Swan Knight, paired with terror. This pretty much prevents most basic infantry from charging them, so they truly dictate when they will hit the lines in a devastating charge :D

The Vulture
24-09-2009, 05:02 AM
Same armour and weaponry of Swan Knight, paired with terror. This pretty much prevents most basic infantry from charging them, so they truly dictate when they will hit the lines in a devastating charge :D

Which is almost essential with cavalry so yes the Black Numenoreans are the best cav in the game, but the Swan Knights are a close second.

Will you be playing SBG with or without LoME rules or WotR? Answers are needed before I can help.

Goldey
26-09-2009, 01:06 AM
Play elves ! Trust me dude, i <3 elves ... :D I owned with them

The Vulture
26-09-2009, 01:50 AM
Play elves ! Trust me dude, i <3 elves ... :D I owned with them

that doesn't necessarily mean he will. Everyone has their own playing style and different armies fit different styles.

Stay with the Rohirrim, they are pretty kool.