Level 2
100pts

Warrior Priest
Heavy Armour
Barded Warhorse
Great Hammer
Holy Relic
157pts

In total it's 1561, so any ideas on what to loose for 1500 points???

And overall... good idea or retarded???

Consadine
20-09-2009, 03:46 AM
I've removed the individual points costs for your units (only leave totals!) as this is against site rules. We can get sued into the ground, see, and that's not a good thing. Here's a link (http://www.astronomican.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1) to the rules; read them, know them, love them.

As for critiquing your list, I can't really help you out as I am not a Fantasy player.

Captain Kellen
20-09-2009, 03:47 AM
This is off topic but find the Introduction Section and post an introduction. People are very friendly around here.

CK

Your Conscience
20-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Firstly if this is meant to be a mounted empire rmy then why have you got units that arent mounted. I am only saying this as by having these it means your knights will have to hang back and stay on the defensive.

8 Knights
Full Command
224pts

I like units of nice so all of these seem alright

8 Knights
Full Command
224pts

7 Knights
Full Command
201pts

10 HandGunners 80pts

10 Handgunners 80pts

I wouldnt recommend having theswe units of hand gunners and instead i would drop these as two seperate units of 10 are not worth it as with having a mounted army they are going to get seperated. Instead along with dropping the handgunners, cannon and the helstorm and instead get a unit of inner circle knights

Special

Great Cannon 100pts

Same as above

5 Pistoliers 90pts

5 Pistoliers 90pts

Rare:

Hellstorm 115pts

same as above

Heroes:

Battle Wizard
Level 2
100pts

Battle Wizard
Level 2
100pts

Warrior Priest
Heavy Armour
Barded Warhorse
Great Hammer
Holy Relic
157pts

This seems alright i like warriors priest and put him in the unit of inner circle knights

mastershaper
20-09-2009, 07:06 PM
why units of eight you dont get a rank from them?

Dirus
20-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Well basically the Handgunners and Artillery will allow it to work in two ways, one lets it work like people would expect from Calvalry with it charging off in on the attack yet the shooting can clean up small enemy units that could cause hassle by plowing in the knights flanks as I'll have limited units. It will also give at least a turn of softening up either well armored or high toughness units.

The other way lets it instead play responsively, make the enemy come to me by constantly shooting them, especially aiming for big costly things like chariots or a Minotaur sized unit and then being able to react quickly to there advance and hit them hard when it best suits me.

And don't knights get 1 rank bonus if there in two ranks of 4???

Vulpus Rex
20-09-2009, 10:30 PM
no you need to have a front facing of 5 models per rank to get the bonus [ apart from ogre sized models]. I think?

Your Conscience
20-09-2009, 11:43 PM
I still dont see the point in calling this a mounted army if you have nearly half of your points spent on artillary knights can do just as well with a combined changre and with the spare points bump all of your knights to units of 10 and a unit of inner circle knights as well

ChickenWorm
21-09-2009, 02:40 AM
I would only put the full command on the knights which the characters would be joining and probably make them inner circle as well. And you can even put a standard on it as well.

I would drop the other two knight unit to 6 and all in 1 single rank. This is to maximize your attacks but still maintain mobility. 7 wide at times is too restrictive but that depends on the number of terrain you're playing.

On your characters, I notice that your wizards are not equipped with any arcane items. If you could, a dispel scroll or two might be useful if your opponent goes magic heavy or the Rod of Power could also be a good offensive/defensive item. If you wish to go offensive with them and have the guys of pistoliers, mount them and let them join the pistoliers. They could benefit the fast cav rule and go around the field blasting magic with the pistoliers having some cover for him.

Your Conscience
21-09-2009, 12:22 PM
I agree with what chicken says here as i dont really play empire or played against them and with putting the wizards in the pistoliers i think that is a really gd idea as they are still no slouch in combat and there is the possibility of the free reform a turn so they wont be restricted