PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt all comers bretonian list

khaine
17-09-2009, 07:24 PM
hey guys, although the title says all comers list my main opponents will be orcs and gobbos and dark elves, Im not a fan of making army lists to suit my enemy unless i have something that will do something specific against that army e.g the orcbane shield against orcs and gobbos. so here goes

Heroes

Paladin, shield, grail vow, pegasus, virtue of the joust, lance of artois - 192
paladin(BSB) lance, horse, virtue of duty, war banner - 133
paladin(GEN) shield, lance, horse, virtue of confidence, gauntlet of the duel - 115
Damsel, lv2, chalice of malfeur, dispel scroll - 150
Damsel, lv2, horse, 2xdispel scroll - 165

Core

9 knights of the realm, sb - 232
8 errant knights, sb, errantry banner - 195 *general goes in here
8 errant knights - 160 * battle standard bearer goes in here
20 bowmen - 120 * foot damsel goes in here

Special

3 pegasus knights - 175

Rare

9 Grail knights - 362

so there you have it, the paladin on pegasus goes after war machines does flank marches etc, and when hes done that he can go looking for characters with his killing blow lance, the bsb and errant knights have a +4 combat resolution standing so they go after large (not stubborn) enemy units and hopefully break them in 1 round of combat, the general and his errant knights go after the enemy general and challenges him, the bowmen are there for general annoyance and killing fast cavalry and almost dragons lol, both damsels are for magic protection and general annoyance, pegasus knights guard my weakest flank and usually end up teaming up with the kotr on the enemies "hammer units", the grail knights are just there to basically just be awesome and go after monsters ,large units etc... so thats my list any suggestions or critisisms are much welcome..

cheers
k

Faileas
17-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Sounds fine *nod nod*....I'd have men at arms (but only because I like to have a range of units) but I'm guessing your list would be better to win battles *grins*....

khaine
18-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Sounds fine *nod nod*....I'd have men at arms (but only because I like to have a range of units) but I'm guessing your list would be better to win battles *grins*....

yeah it does ok, I tried to have a all knight list but i couldnt do without some ranged support, i shall be using this list in a battle later on today so i shall let you know how i get on...

cheers
k

Burnerboy
18-09-2009, 04:14 PM
3 paladins? I'm just starting so i might not know, but that seems a bit excesive and costly!

khaine
19-09-2009, 02:56 PM
3 paladins? I'm just starting so i might not know, but that seems a bit excesive and costly!

yeah 3 is a bit excessive but i made the list out of the models i already own so i had to use them to reach the points limit lol, although saying that i had a battle last night with them and i was unlucky to get a draw, i was like 50-60 victory points away, this was against a dark elves list that i have very little success against for a while now so maybe 3 paladins is the way to go lol,

from my battle last night the only thing i wasnt happy with was my own magic phase but since i was up against an army with lots of magic defence i wont read too much into it...

cheers
k

Ghostmaker
26-09-2009, 01:39 AM
I like the list. Strait forward, hard hitting and fast. So how did the General work out in the Knights Errant unit. were you forced to charge anything you didn't want to.

If you go up against a Vampire Counts army, let us know how you do. I know that they like to use their Bats to force you to charge so they can set up a charge of their own in the next turn.

Cheers