PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Archers

pizzaman89
15-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Alright so I was thinking...warriors of chaos are based on barbarian hordes. Looking back at historical context one of the most vital weapons of barbarian armies was the bow and arrow. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas and/or tutorials on how to make marauder archers, or marauder mounted archers. Also, I was pondering how I could make large crossbows to outfit some of my chaos ogres with. All suggestions welcome and appreciated. :D

Consadine
15-09-2009, 09:13 PM
You could do headswaps on Empire Archers (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50004&prodId=prod2120006) and a wee bit of Green Stuffing/hobby-knife-work for chaosifying them.

As for the larger bows... scratchbuild from balsa or basswood. You can get the pieces to bend by steaming them, then bending. I don't know how well basswood bends this way, but balsa works pretty well.

Trygon
15-09-2009, 10:17 PM
I never understood why Warriors of Chaos don't get bows. I mean, how hard is it to make one? If they can make fancy armour they can make bows, and, heck, even cross bows.

But anyways, Empire Archers might do well. Hand swaps perhaps.

pizzaman89
15-09-2009, 11:49 PM
I want to keep the same marauder look though, imperial soldiers may be too scrawny for the likes of the gods. But, I'll look into some things. Thanks for the help and keep it coming. :)

Trygon
16-09-2009, 12:15 AM
That is why I suggest hand swaps only. Keeps the Marauder intact.

pizzaman89
16-09-2009, 03:09 AM
I'll try it out, I wonder if there's a way to make a recurved bow to give it a Hun-ish look.

japehlio
16-09-2009, 03:52 AM
I never understood why Warriors of Chaos don't get bows. I mean, how hard is it to make one? If they can make fancy armour they can make bows, and, heck, even cross bows.

its because the chaos dwarves make it for them, and the only missile weapons they have are gunpowder!
besides, most chaos chaps want to hit things with sharp things from not very far away, the better to earn the gods favour!

grimdisco
16-09-2009, 04:18 AM
In 1st threw 3 editions WOC armies had thugs.
Thugs could be armed with bows.
Then they changed that (I will never understand why) to an all in your face army.