PDA

View Full Version : Rune Priest and BA Chaplian(art)

Brother-Captain Nathaniel
01-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Hope ya'll dig.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/nekhar/RunePriestColor.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/nekhar/BA.jpg

Consadine
01-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Just a minor fluff issue, Chaplain's have black armor with a shoudlerpad bearing the color and symbol of their chapter. But who am I to argue with the flying angel of death carrying a power scythe?

Great stuff, as has been the case. Hope you can make something for the Mag!

Skringly
01-09-2009, 10:42 PM
WOOH! You have done the miracle! Made me not cringe at something to do with BA.

01-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Yeah, i know about the black armor thing, but I need to get more black markers :), hence his red PA.
Edit:Crud, I knew I forgot something on the Chappie, his fangs(I kinda like the whole "vampire" thing with BA).

Hephesto
02-09-2009, 01:29 PM
What next, wll get some artwork sorted for the next Astromag issue of course :p

02-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah, definately. I just gotta do a lil research and see which of the multitude of happenings during the Pre-Heresy/Heresy eras sparks the creative juices.

Consadine
02-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Yeah, i know about the black armor thing, but I need to get more black markers :), hence his red PA.
Edit:Crud, I knew I forgot something on the Chappie, his fangs(I kinda like the whole "vampire" thing with BA).

Blood Angels don't have fangs. Just weird blood drinking rituals. Space Wolves have fangs...

02-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Hmmm, according to the Blaood Angels Omnibus(i know Black Library isn't always considered canon) they do. But I've always figured BAs had the upper fangs(ala Vampires), while SWs have both upper and lower ones.

Edit: After some Google-Fu, it appears that the BA fangs issue is a pretty debatable topic. Some art they have em, some don't. I believes there is an old pic of Mephiston with fangs. I know that one of the new SH models has fangs also. Oh well, if the don't then my pic is on point,lol.

Brother Lorgrir
03-09-2009, 12:04 AM
That's Awesome! The gods are pleased *claps*

Captain Kellen
03-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Sweet work! Now... do you do commissions?

CK

03-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Yeah, i actually do a lot of commision(at much better quality). Just PM me.

Inquisitor Alex
14-09-2009, 03:09 AM
Nice stuff. I like your Rasta-lookin marines. That's be a cool chapter - "Lions of Zion" or something like that :)

14-09-2009, 03:26 AM
Thanks. Since I've started to let my own hair grow out, I've had a thing for dreadlocks. looking forward to modeling my SW HQ with dreads :)

Inquisitor Alex
14-09-2009, 11:07 PM
That'll look awesome - Post pics when it's done ! You could put those SW Wolfriders onto High Elf Chariot lions ! I think the chariot has a couple of cool lion icons you could trim off and stick on armor\vehicles. I've got 2 of the old "Inquisitor in Termie armor" models - one of them I made into "Inquisitor Samedi" - sculpted dreads on and painted him in dark blue + blue-green. Looks super, and right 'voodoun' - I'm thinking he needs a retinue after lookin at your pics :) Have you read "Neuromancer" by William Gibson ? There's Space Dreads in the book who live in a belt of asteroids called "New Zion" - awesome bit of sci-fi.
Cheers

14-09-2009, 11:32 PM
I hadn't planned on doing any Wolfriders. But, i'll post the prelim sketchs for the Rune Priest I'm currently working on a bit later. I'll have to check those books out, I've just finished the SW Omnibus and was trying to figure out what to get next besides Sons of Russ(I read really fast).

Edit: Here's the sketch for my Rune priest conversion. He's about 70% finished. Got a few more bits to pick up this weekend.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/nekhar/RunePriestDesign.jpg