PDA

View Full Version : Necromunda: Tech-Adept Gun for Hire homebrew

VolatilSpam
31-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept hired gun rules, as promised by the title.
Only thing I'm not sure about is how much to charge for this bad boy and how much he adds to the gang rating. Anybody with advice, I'd love to hear it.

M Ws Bs S T W I A L
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 8

In addition to his profile, the Tech-Adept has 5 further "advances" which are either bonuses on his profile or skills. Roll a d6 5 times and consult the chart below, noting down increases and skills as you go along. A Tech-Adept may not improve any characteristic by more than +2, nor may he increase his wounds beyond 3. Neither S nor T may be generated above 5. If a further increase is rolled, reroll the result. Similarly, if you roll the same skill twice reroll to get another.

d6 roll advance

1-4 roll a further d6
1: +1 WS
2: +1 BS
3: +1 I
4: +1 S
5: +1 T
6: Roll a further d6
1-3: A
4-6: W

5-6 Roll a further d6 to represent bionic augmentations
1: Iron Jaw (metallic body) - Muscle
2: Medic (Medicae Servo-Arm) - Techno [1]
3: Head Butt (Servo-Arm) - Muscle [1]
4: Crushing Blow (Enhanced muscles) - Muscle
5: Dodge (Sub-dermal armour) - Agility *
6: Sprint (Bionic legs) - Agility

* If the Tech-Adept uses the Dodge ability to resist a blast or template weapon, do NOT move the model 2"; Dodge represents augmentations that help the Tech-Adept resist damage, rather than a nimble evasion of attacks.

Tech-Adept equipment
Tech-Adepts are armed with the following:
* Any number of knives
* Axe (as club)
* Las Pistol
* Mesh Armour
* Filter Plugs OR respirator
* Infra-red goggles OR Photo-Visor OR Photo-Contacts
He can also have a servo-harness which carries one of the following:
* Flamer [2]
* Fusion Cutter (Plasma Pistol) [3]
[1] If the Tech-Adept also has a Medicae arm or Servo-arm, it will be modeled on the Servo-harness along with the weapon arm.
[2] If the harness includes a flamer, the Tech-Adept is still able to fight with two weapons, as both his hands are still free.
[3] If the harness includes a plasma pistol, the pistol may not be used in close combat, as the servo-arm controls are too complex to operate in the heat of melee.

Tech-Adept special rules
Tech-Adepts are well-versed in the technology of the Imperium, and provide invaluable assistance to the ill-equipped gangs of the Underhive. As such, they possess special rules that represent their connection with the machinery and tech encountered in the dark recesses of Hive Primus.
Expert Armorer - When a Tech-Adept works with a gang, one of his primary duties is weapon maintenance. As such, any ganger in a gang that includes a tech-adept may reroll his first failed ammo roll in every scenario.

Tallarn
31-08-2009, 02:07 AM
I can't find my outlanders supplement, but I would start with Mad Donna's base points and go from there. However, id change the skills rolls to 1-4 for attribute increases and 5 or 6 for the augmentations.

Hephesto
31-08-2009, 03:39 PM
With Tallarn on the skill and attribute rolls, should keep things quite balanced. Little help on the cost and rating side I'm afraid, haven't played a real game for years.

Very nice character, quite a powerful one though. So a high cost seems needed for balance issues. Any suggestions for a mini, besides the excellent FW techpriest of course ;)

VolatilSpam
31-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Changed the rolls to 1-4 stats and 5-6 augmentations (looking at the other characters that's more in line).

I gave him 5 stat boosts because that's just below the Scummer's 6, and left him with a very basic statline to make up for the cool stuff he can eventually do. All in all, I'd say he's just a little below the Bounty Hunter in terms of power (though I've not playtested him so it's possible he's a rotten egg or a surprise powerhouse). I'm thinking that the weapon servo-arm is an optional thing that will increase his cost.

As for the mini, I'm thinking of scratch-building him based off of one of the many old clix minis I have sitting around.I've got enough of 'em that one or another will surely provide me with a tech-adept model that suits my needs.