PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Lizard sledgehammer

gendoikari87
30-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Hello all, i'm just starting lizardmen and after perusing the new army book I came up with this 2000 point army

Kroq-gar [635 points]

Skink Priest [440] [Level 2, diadem of power, dispel scroll, EoTG]

15 Saurus Warriors [210 Points] [Full command, Spears]
15 Saurus Warriors [210 Points] [Full command, Spears]
15 Saurus Warriors [210 Points] [Full Command, Spears]
10 Skink Skirmishers [70 Points]

5 Cavalry [225 points][full command]

Total: 2000

As you can tell... the Skirmishers were a last minute "I have 70 points left" Unit.

Nomad
30-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Hello and Welcome.

Don't know enough about fantasy to give advice except to say drop into the intro thread and put a post up so people know you're around. Then people such as Killer, Marticus, IfD, Snoza and Darknight will know you're here and be able to help out...

Skringly
30-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Kroq-gar is not the best Close Combat character. I would take a few sarus heros and add them to you squads to give them more punch, and also get a cheap point Stegadon, as they form excelent hammers.

ItemfinderDeluxe
30-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Unfortuantely that army is going to get out-maneuvered and march-blocked to all heck by anything with a fast cavalry or cheap flying unit. You don't really have enough magic presence or defensive shooting to stop an opponent denying your movement, and even with the EOTG your magic phase is still pretty weak. I'd recommend possibly dropping a block of Spears for a scroll-carrying Skink Priest, another unit of skinks with the blowpipes, and possibly some Terradons if you can find the points. That way, you have your own march-blocking or War machine hunting unit to assist the rest of your slower army.

Jihad Jack
30-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Hye,
I have also started using lizards as my first army. I would also go on the record and saying that Kroq is a beast in close quarters combat. Once people see you put him on the table he will have atarget painted on himself. Personally I like Kraq but for less amount of points I would pick up a slaan priest and Chaklax and some temple guards for some melee beatdown Chakalx loves his 1 v1 leader duels, seeing I dont see much spell resistance in there. Now if your going to want some more flexability I would recommend a list that looks kinda like this.

Saurus Oldblood Carnosaur Mount, Light Armor, Burning Blade 405 Pts
Skink Priest Lv 2, Diadem, Dispell Scroll 105 pts
Skink Chief General, Scimtar of the Sun 105 Pts
18 Saurus Spears, Musician, Standard Bearer 226 Pts
18 Saurus Spears, Musician, Standard Bearer 226 Pts
10 Skink Skirmishers + Scaven Pelt Banner 95 Pts
10 Skink Skirmishers 95 Pts
4 Terradons 120 Pts
4 Kroxigors - 220
Salamander w/ extra handler 75 Pts
Razordon w/ extra handler 75 Pts
Total: 1982

Now, I orgionally wanted to go and use Kroq-Gar but he takes up a whole 600+ points with a much higher chance of getting himself killed off. Thats why I took a Sarus oldblood near identical stats except for equipment-wise so I just gave him the burning blade seeing how everyone loves -2 to Armor with a strength modifier, Along with a Carnosaur mount for damage. With alot of points loosend up you can get a lvl 2 sking priest with a Diediem of power and Dispell Scroll for more increased spell usage seeing that its a melee list and magic is a thing I dont like. The Skink Chief is in the list for point fill and he helps out the skirmishers leadership-wise and ability seeing he now has a Scemitar of the sun for +2 Attacks. The Saurus' of course have full command. And some skink skirmeishers 20 plus one group has a skaven pelt banner the banner gives better results agaist the "rat-meat" I only got it beacuse there are skaven players at LGS, feel free to use points elsewhere. Now special units I thought the cavs are great, I have used them but I think they would benifit for more riders, I could be wrong seeing cavs are just good models to have I would try to work them in with Ichi Tichi and his riders (dunno if thats his name) just for more cav uasage. Insted of cold ones I picked up Kroxigors to give the skinks something to cover with the blow guns and Terradons to help agaisnt something lizards hate when we are not prepared agaisnt...warmachines. The Razordon and Salamander are 2 units I am fond of and Flame spray templet and Ranged attack spines to "clean up" to help soften tings up. Id just like to say that you have a good list, just at the 2000 point level point conservation is key.

gendoikari87
30-08-2009, 11:09 PM
That list seems nice but I'm playing with VERY limited resources, I have

Kroq-gar
LM Battleforce
Stegodon
1 box Saurus warriors

that's it.

Jihad Jack
31-08-2009, 12:00 AM
LM Batle force the 90$ box?
also depending on how lenient the people over at the LGS you can allow some of your guys to act like other units.

My first purchase was the Temple Guards, now I thow them in as suarus warriors and say that they wore formal uniforms.

gendoikari87
31-08-2009, 02:02 AM
there's only a limit to what you can proxy, but I do intend for my TG from the $90 box as Saurus.