PDA

View Full Version : WOTR Tourney Dwarfs

Wraithlord
15-08-2009, 10:29 PM
I have a WOTR tournament in a few weeks, and am going to play my dwarfs. I would greatly appreciate a critique and/or help with tactics.

Epic Heroes

Balin, Lord of Moria - 100pts

Gandalf the Grey - 200pts

Galadriel, Lady of Lothlorien 175pts

Common Formations

(3 Companies) Dwarf Warriors with Shields - 170pts
-Captain

(3 Companies) Dwarf Warriors with 2-Handed Axes - 170pts
-Captain

(3 Companies) Dwarf Archers - 130pts
-Shieldbearer

Rare Formations

(2 Companies) Dwarf Ballistae - 120pts

(3 Companies) Ered Luin Rangers - 230pts
-Captain

King's Champion - 175pts

Fates

Counterspell 25pts

Total - 1495pts

EDIT: I changed the list a little

japehlio
18-08-2009, 12:10 AM
glad you put in the second Balista, because you WILL be facing Mumakil, and they will be invaluable in helping to take it down. I personally think the Kings Champion is a bit of a risk, being on his own, with only res2, even the "very hard to kill" wont save him. If he works, he works tho, (as anyone fighting a troll cheif can testify)...

why Galadriel tho, you going for heavy magic with a solid core of warriors?
considering both are "touched by destiny"... tho i would suggest Radagast, he is a real help. he can do all that Galadrial can do... and he has a pet!

Wraithlord
18-08-2009, 02:33 AM
Quite correct, Galadriel and Gandalf are to throw spells around, hopefully get my opponent blowing might to resist spells. Because in a lots of ways I could get really screwed unless I can delay a giant wave of units hitting me at one time. Also, I like being able to pull essentially a "free" epic defense twice a turn. That gets mean with dwarves

Except that I don't OWN a radagast model + I'm broke. :P

Also, I have had decent results with the Champion, as if he hits a unit with just a captain, and calls an epic duel at fight 8, he toast a company before he actually gets to fight.

Thats though