Brave

Elities

x15 Temple gaurd 300
Champion
Musician
Standard bearer
Skaven pelt banner

Total- 1496

My sasarus unit of twenty will contain my Veteran bringing each unit strenght to 21. I have it Like this because my units ranks are made up of 7 for 3 ranks. I want to do this so I can get extra attacks. If i had ranks of five and 4 deep by the time i reach the enemy I will of lost one rank bonous most likely so I would get a +2 usually but this way I get +1 for rank most likely and up to six extra attacks each combat round.
Sasarus will have two attacks each and then the back rank can attack with their spears meaning i would get in an avarage unit 22 attacks per combat phase at strenght 4 and WS 4.

The Skink cheif with cloak of feathers and blade is a wizard killer and also would use him against war machines as he has the killing blow abilitie and can fly.

The temple gaurd have the same formation as the wariors and because of banner have frenzy so they can pump 22 attacks upwards at strenght 5 a turn.

Skinks are great for running around the enemy and peepering them with poisoned shots. I will use them to Get rid of enemy rank bonous and to attack seige engines and monsters or characters.

Would like you opinion. thanks.

VolatilSpam
15-08-2009, 05:06 AM
I think you'll need to eliminate specific points costs of units and wargear and replace it with the total cost of units. I usually stick to 40k forums, but I'm over here out of curiousity regarding Fantasy. Unless the rules are different here, individual points costs are a no go.

GuinnessGremlin
18-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Specific points costs are a violation of the copyright agreement with GW. It violates their intellectual property. While independent model listings with point costs are not permitted, I have seen it widely used as just a total points cost per unit. (EG Cathayan Guard-unit of 30-std mus champ-axe of infernal smiting- 235 points)

I like the troop heavy units and the fact that you have them several deep, but I also like the idea of having at least one Stegadon in the army. With his Great bow you can have serious whittling power before they reach you. If the foe leaves a model out in the open, you have an opportunity to take it out before it hits your front lines.