PDA

View Full Version : Handy link for making wings (good for nids)

wakopanda
01-08-2006, 07:35 PM
I present you the only tutorial ive found on making yourself some wing both cheaply and effectively. they need no more than metal wire, green stuff, thick paper and some patience. so, without further ado:

Click me! (http://www.necrotales.com/necroTutorials/tut_wings01.php)

DavicusPrime
03-08-2006, 03:08 AM
Thanks for posting this. A buddy of mine and I have been trying to figure out how to model wings (mostly because we\'re cheap). This is basicly the same as my idea but gave some good hints that I hadn\'t thought of, like using the existing scything talon arm as the basis.

Some things I\'d do differently:
-Mount the wings on the back and retain the legs. The Warrior concept we\'re working with isn\'t a Warrior/Gargoyle but a warrior with wings. Same deal with the Tyrant concept we\'re working with.

-Attach the wing membrane between the \"fingers\" not on the backs of them. As well as having some the webbing \"billowing\". The perfectly flat wing membrane attached to the back of the \"fingers\" isn\'t realistic enough for me.

-Not having unrealistic gaps in the membrane like the example shown with the webbing not reaching all the way up to the \"hand\".

*Karma Boost*

-DavicusPrime

wakopanda
03-08-2006, 03:12 AM
no problem. i agree with most of what you said but it is a useful template. just beware of fluff purists screeming at you if you give the warriors more than 6 limbs. people get really worked up over that...