PDA

View Full Version : Plasticard???

Snoza
31-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Hey Guys

I am curious as to how to use Plasticard Properly, (i know it sounds stupid but i dont want to waste it)

Thanks In advance

Snoza

Warboss Nosirrom
31-07-2009, 03:38 AM
Nothing stupid about your question. I would just score it with your knife, then you can bend it at your mark and it'll snap. There may be a little curve in the plastic, but you can scrape it with the knife or sand it down.

Scoppio
31-07-2009, 05:07 AM
if im not wrong, and I generally am, plasticard are often made of PVC, mean that it is resistant to fire and once you heat it you can bend and twist the piece. Once its cold, its hard as a rock.

Arkaedin
31-07-2009, 05:19 AM
Actually Scoppio, I think they might be different. PVC is something like polyvinyl choride and plasticard is poly styrene and I know PVC is a much tougher material. I can say with certainty that Plasticard does melt (it's how you can create nice welding effects with a soldering iron :D) That said, to answer your question Snoza, the Warboss is right. You just progressively "score" the plastic and then cut it. Here is a good tutorial on Dave Taylor's blog (one of the best on the web) >> http://davetaylorminiatures.blogspot.com/2009/06/basic-plasticard-tutorial.html

darknight
31-07-2009, 08:54 AM
one of the best uses for plasticard is to give detail to your buildings board etc, for example a square building, cutting the plasticard in lets say oblong or triangular shapes then sticking on will give the building a raised panel etc, it can be used on floors or roofs for slabs/tiles its very usefull for detail work that saves you cutting into your build, just use a sharp craft knife and ruler. :)

Snoza
31-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks Guys for the help :)

Ark thanks for the Link it was very helpful.

Snoza

Scoppio
31-07-2009, 11:50 AM
bah... here in my city, the only "plastic sheet" ive found were PVC in sheets A4 sized for US$3,5.

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
31-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Good practice for plasticard are ork contructs! :D