PDA

View Full Version : Honour Guard

Aun O Vader
30-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Ok then people, this is one of my pretty big projects of the summer. a full converted squad of Tau Ethereal honour guard for my themed army H\'Th sept. If you know anything about Star Wars and my armies theme then its pretty easy to work out what they are based upon. I\'d appreciate comments on this first proof model so that I can change any appropriate things before I start working on the whole squad. I am planning on putting some decoration on the cload, but I\'m not quite sure what yet, something pretty basic!

ok, what do we think? http://www.astronomican.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/100_1192_1.jpg

Skrall
30-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Asides from one pic not working and the dodgy antena not bad (on the red it shouldn\'t be there ;))

Hawke

Aun O Vader
30-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Dodgy antenna? Do you mean the one coming off his back pack?

I\'ll try and get a shot of him in profile, so it shows better. This one was to show that he is slightly bigger than a standard fire warrior.

DarthXander
30-07-2006, 10:54 PM
I love it Aun!

Being a SW fan myself my opinion is somewhat biased but they are absolutely fantastic!

How do you do the white for your fire warriors by the way?

Skrall
30-07-2006, 11:20 PM
stormtroopers?

Hawke

Aun O Vader
31-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Right then, got a new picture of this guy in profile so that you can see why he looks like he has a stupidly big aerial. its actuallly the backpack from the old stealth suits. The idea being that they are slightly larger, make the guys look bigger, the justification being that they should have a single-use drop-pack to be able to rapidly deploy to join an Ethereal, although I just use them as standard.
http://www.astronomican.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/100_1197_1.JPG
What do you think of them now?

Captain Toenail
31-07-2006, 01:03 AM
Cool, love the red colour scheme. Reminds me of my old Tau! And what\'s the fuss about the antenna? I think it looks OK.

Post edited by: captain toenail, at: 2006/07/31 02:04

Kiefer13
31-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Nice. I assume you used green stuff for the robes?

Skrall
31-07-2006, 01:06 AM
ur forgiven, from a diffrent angle that cool

Hawke

Aun O Vader
31-07-2006, 01:07 AM
stormtroopers?

say what Hawke? Where\'s the question?

for the White I am really lazy, I use a white spray undercoat. Then after that has dried I use a broad brush and skull white paint and then I just put a couple of layers of watered down paint on the whole model to give it a uniformly even colour. Once that has been put on then I can paint it as usual. I\'m considering doing a painting giude for the models in my army, as I have actually learnt a lot about painting light colours on these models.

any other comments now?

Skrall
31-07-2006, 01:08 AM
AunO Vader wrote:

stormtroopers?

say what Hawke? Where\'s the question?
any other comments now?

my unique mind strikes again. i read things where there not, i though xiggy asked \"why the white\"

Hawke

Aun O Vader
31-07-2006, 01:10 AM
actually the robes are High Elf warrior legs!

Then I cut off the feet, and trimmed the feet from a set of Firewarrior legs and pinned them to the robes in an appropriate position. This now means I will have a load of legs without feet, so i may get a bunch of Firewarriors wading through a swamp soon. Need to get some water effect (or some PVA glue if I\'m being cheap/sensible).