PDA

View Full Version : mordheim

darknight
20-07-2009, 09:06 AM
ok gonna probably get some mordheim stuff, what got me more interested apart from being bugged by marticus ;), is faileas squigs, so where do i find the rules for orc/goblin warbands, i have all the free downloads, and unless its because i have just flicked through them i cant see them anywhere? the only mention is in the taking the streets pdf

Faileas
20-07-2009, 04:46 PM
This website has all the released warbands and a few more beside.....Laz pointed me in its direction when I asked a similar question http://www.mordheimer.com/warbands/official/orcs_goblins.htm

Also Gald to see another joining the mordhiem masses.....Aeth, Myself and another friend are also about to start making a couple of wanbands (I've still to read all the rules, I hate reading off the screen, and have ran out of printer ink)

Now to convince Luther to get a warband mwhahahahaha

darknight
20-07-2009, 06:46 PM
cheers for that link mate, very cool, seems like a few of us getting into this now, wonder if we could do like a web/email game of it ? ill have to think about that :)

Aeth
20-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Silly green-things

*runs off to nibble some warpstone.

LAZtheinfamous
21-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Good choice Darknight! Welcome to the fold! Being as that you have the beautiful full urban board, you'll find it would work pretty well with Mordheim. Granted it wouldn't be exactly right since the buildings don't look meteor hit, but it would do. A big hint for O&G though. Forgo the troll at first. Pick it up later, because at first you need all the warband members you can get. The troll is a heavy hitter, but it costs too much for a beginning warband. Take lots of gobbos instead. With the Gobbo special rule of halfsies (ie A goblin only counts as 1/2 a model for rout checks), they really excel in the beginning warbands. However in the later game, dropping them for Orc Boyz makes more sense, since Orc Boyz can gain experience.

darknight
21-07-2009, 07:23 AM
thanks laz, not really sure yet of what armies will will both get, think kay likes the vampires or witch hunters, but still not too sure.
that site above has some really good stuff inc more warbands, i must say i like the look of the carnival, and poss even those tomb guys, i know the latter is not official, but hey i dunno yet ill keep you informed.
i am going to do a new board just for it as well, all swinging rope bridges and old Victorian looking destroyed houses, the plan has started already!!

Marticus
21-07-2009, 09:23 AM
buggin?? thats harsh dude.. i prefer the term "re-educating" ;) he he he or nagging.. nah you will love it dude, a fairly cheap GW game you can play! and its one o the best

Faileas
21-07-2009, 04:45 PM
I can't wait to see your finished board the other one you did was jaw dropping....Oh Darknight what materials are you going to use for the building? and where do you normally get them?

P.S I have some spare Black orc spurs (only heads and arms holding weapons left really) but if you wanted to jazz up a few normal boyz or use em to make your bigboss just let me know

darknight
21-07-2009, 05:16 PM
well this time as the buildings need to bit a bit different im going to use balsa wood and coffe stirrers/lolly sticks for the planks,
ill just get the balsa wood from a model shop, but the pvc board comes from a sign writer. i might also buy or make some molds for the cobblestone walkways/roads and thatl be cool for the sprue bits mate, thanks ill pm you :)

Aeth
21-07-2009, 06:55 PM
ooo a new game board thread, I'll be subscribing to that one. Me and faileas need to get our heads together to sort out our Mordheim terrain. Was thinking of cutting up some old sprues to make some burnt out timbers.

Nomad
21-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the advice DK. I have downloaded the PDF and will soon have the rules read.

darknight
21-07-2009, 08:10 PM
no worries mate, that link that faelius gave on here is real good, thanks again, hmm thats a good idea aeth

Aeth
21-07-2009, 09:17 PM
I have some little polystrene blocks left over from packaging, should be enough for at least one building. Not sure how well it'll take paint though, might be a case of printing off pictures of brickwork and glueing them on.

Faileas
21-07-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm thinking about having a go with some modeling clay for the walls, with random wooden bits for supports and such!

darknight
22-07-2009, 07:07 AM
@aeth i did use polystyrene ceiling tiles once as i got them cheap, takes a while as i used pva glue for them, (super glue its it) then covered with some of my pdfs as you say, thing is they didnt last long, especially with the time it took to make.
@faileas isnt that going to be a HUGE amount of clay? but great idea itl be like plaster

Aeth
22-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Was looking at some nice ruins and sewery types bits on here - http://www.wargamesworkshop.com/CategoryHome.aspx?CatID=1

The dungeon part of the roleplay scenics has some great stuff for your crypts DK

Faileas
22-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Darknight- you can buy a large block for 3.99 at a general craft store, its a 1kg block (recone I could get 3-4 houses ruins out of it with ease), they had bigger ones too.

I have a idea to use card (think) or wood as a support and plaster onto it, then maybe push some stone/slates into it......see how that works.

darknight
22-07-2009, 09:40 PM
that sounds good, i got my clay today for the bottom half of the building, pics tomorrow of the first level! :).
cheers aeth gonna check that out

LAZtheinfamous
22-07-2009, 11:09 PM
I am eagerly awaiting finished products. So that I can steal ideas...

darknight
23-07-2009, 07:19 AM
ha ha lol, youre welcome to, i think its an honour when people like them and do it :)

Hephesto
31-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Just came across a nice little bit of info you may like, turns out there's a very nice wounded orc in the new Empire Archers boxed set. Figured he'd make for another very nice addition to an Orc warband

darknight
01-08-2009, 08:50 AM
thanks heph, ill be on the lookout for that one