PDA

View Full Version : Isengard (and Allies) 2000pt List

The Vulture
19-07-2009, 11:02 PM
I know what your thinking, you are thinking a WOTR list by The Vulture!? Yes thats right I have a list for C&C. Now before you read this I will say one thing, I know the list isn't very fluffy so please dont tell me it isn't. I know and I dont really care. Its a list that has all the cool miniatures I like and the awesome characters I love from the series. The plan really is an Isengard elite force that will be outnumbered but will steamroll over opponents like nothing.

I present to you the Spear of Isengard!:

Epic & Legendary

Lurtz (Leader) 175

The Nine Are Abroad 500

Common

Uruk Hai Warband 6 companies 395
Captain, Banner Bearer, Shaman

Uruk Hai Phalanx 6 companies 260
Captain

Uruk Hai Warband 3 companies 155
Captain

Uruk Hai Phalanx 3 companies 155
Captain

Uruk Hai Scout Warband 6 companies 385
Captain, Shaman

Rare

Warg Rider Warband 6 companies 170
Captain

Uruk Hai Berserker Warband 110

Isengard Troll 100

Isengard Troll 100

Fates

Tokens of Terror 25

Total : 1990

Looking for C&C and possibly even tactics you would use to win with this list! Thanks! :D

EDIT: I have made MAJOR changes as I absorb more and more of the WOTR book. :D

Skringly
20-07-2009, 09:17 PM
WOOH! Trolls. Gotta love Trolls. Who on earth are 'The Nine Are Abroad'.

Honsou
20-07-2009, 09:25 PM
WOTR? What of the rings? Sounds like something gandalf would say. Sorry, had to say it, wouldn't have been happeh otherwise xD

The Vulture
20-07-2009, 09:37 PM
WOOH! Trolls. Gotta love Trolls. Who on earth are 'The Nine Are Abroad'.

The Nine Are Abroad are a Legendary Formation that includes all Nine Ringwraiths and their special rules. Expensive pointswise but soooo worth it.

@Honsou, its War of the Rings, the new LOTR game from GW. Way better than LOTRSBG in my honest opinion.

Honsou
20-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Shhh, you maekin' mah bad joke seem bad. wait what? Ok, I have to ask though: "I know what your thinking, you are thinking a WOTR list by The Vulture!?" WHY!? WHYYYYYY!?

The Vulture
20-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Shhh, you maekin' mah bad joke seem bad. wait what? Ok, I have to ask though: "I know what your thinking, you are thinking a WOTR list by The Vulture!?" WHY!? WHYYYYYY!?

Well....Because I have never done a list for anything except 40k. This is a strange new horizon for me. Personally I think WOTR looks like it plays smoother than 40k. I may be lost to it!

You could say "I am no longer infected!" only Monty Python fans will get that one but hey! :D

Inquisitor023
20-07-2009, 09:44 PM
You could say "I am no longer infected!" only Monty Python fans will get that one but hey! :D

Penny for an ex-leapar?

Honsou
20-07-2009, 09:45 PM
It probably does play smoother than 40k, but that's because it's been dumbed down to the point where a 2 year old retard can play without problems. Not trying to offend anyone btw, just saying that GW designed the game for the sole reason that it appeals to kids who aren't really ready for the proper games of Fantasy and 40K.

As to losing you to WOTR... I am the bicycle repair man, and let me tell you it isn't happening. ;)

The Vulture
20-07-2009, 09:53 PM
It probably does play smoother than 40k, but that's because it's been dumbed down to the point where a 2 year old retard can play without problems. Not trying to offend anyone btw, just saying that GW designed the game for the sole reason that it appeals to kids who aren't really ready for the proper games of Fantasy and 40K.

As to losing you to WOTR... I am the bicycle repair man, and let me tell you it isn't happening. ;)

Its simple on its face but it can get incredibly complex when you play it right and to its fullest. So its a game that can be played by kids, but mastered by intellectuals.

Yea I know it wont, i am to Chaos for it. Although Sauron is very Chaosy. ;)

Inquisitor023
20-07-2009, 09:57 PM
can be played by kids, but mastered by intellectuals.

So basically all of us? Intellectuals (Well except the Smurfs :p) with hearts of kids.

Honsou
20-07-2009, 09:59 PM
You wouldn't like Sauron if you knew what I know...

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x203/Honsou_Eshara/motivator0c94289becfd7de0ca2a643802.jpg

The Vulture
20-07-2009, 09:59 PM
So basically all of us? Intellectuals (Well except the Smurfs :p) with hearts of kids.

Well some more than others. :D

It will take practice to master WOTR, but man it will be very awesome afterward. Besides who doesn't love LOTR?!

@ Honsou, that made me laugh! :D

Inquisitor023
20-07-2009, 10:03 PM
You wouldn't like Sauron if you knew what I know...

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x203/Honsou_Eshara/motivator0c94289becfd7de0ca2a643802.jpg

Lmao. Why is it the funnys come out when I have no REP to spread!

Honsou
20-07-2009, 10:07 PM
You realize there's a simple solution? Make a note, and then rep me the next day. If I'm counting right, you owe me at least one rep already.

We should probably vacate vulture's thread though, before we derail it all too much- after all, it's not like he can leave 40k.

You know why? This is why.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x203/Honsou_Eshara/motivator7b78b12f6b4f73e2bf080be0d8.jpg

Inquisitor023
20-07-2009, 10:13 PM
You realize there's a simple solution? Make a note, and then rep me the next day. If I'm counting right, you owe me at least one rep already.

Where did you learn to count!? I owe youpushing 3 bars worth!

Honsou
20-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Where did you learn to count!? I owe youpushing 3 bars worth!

Well just keep giving me rep as you go, when you can. Simple ;)

The Vulture
20-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Right....Any criticisms on my list?

japehlio
21-07-2009, 01:50 AM
um, some...

Lurtz = nasty, his crossbow shot is simply horrible, perfect for helping you take out those Mumakil/treemen etc...
the 9 = dear sweet Genova. costly, but totally worth it...

your common, the phalanxs are a bit large. i suggest taking 2 formations of 2 companies, arranged 2 deep. then they are better suited to hold the flanks of your main fighty warbands, both of which i would increase to 6 companies arranged 3 wide, 2 deep. oh and put banners in both... re-roll will keep the steamroller rollin'

shaman? very costly, and the 9 will give you MORE than enough magic. (each one can cast up to 3 spells a turn, so potential 27) so get rid of them.

so far this would save you :
- 5 companies of pikemen = -175
- 2 shaman = -200
+ 3 companies or fighters = +105
+ banner = +35
total = -245 points to play with (your'e 10 under 2k).

Now i would do this:
buy Vrashku's Talons and 2 companies for 165 points. you need some missile fire in your list.
TACTIC: Heros can move into another formation within 18" in the move phase, so move Lurtz into your crossbows, and move them up. fire his crippling shot (reduces resilience) and then call a Heroic shoot. youl have 24 crossbow shots hitting a target, but now each bolt can cause a wound, rather than every two (see what im getting at here?)

this brings you to -80 points.

upgrade 1 troll to cheiftan, the +1 defence and very hard to kill make ALL the difference.

-30 pts.
drummer in each warband, +1 move is useful...

2000 exactly.
deploy in a line, your two warbands together in long columns, (remember, when charging the spearhead is what moves first (the command company usually) then the rest can move up to double their move to get in (page 44))
flank each of them with pikemen, and advance up the middle of the table. trolls together on one flank, wargs on the other. keep your 9 and crossbows flexible and able to go where needed.
i can post a few tactics if your interested..?

The Vulture
21-07-2009, 05:02 AM
Hmmm...Yes very interesting. I agree with all your changes japehlio and have made the appropriate list changes I was wonder if you could also take a look at this similar list, its Angmar:

The Nine Are Abroad 500

Gulavhar, Terror of Arnor 200

Ghostly Legion 3 companies 265
Captain, Banner Bearer

Ghostly Legion 3 companies 230
Captain

Carn Dum Warband 6 companies 265
Chieftain, Banner Bearer, Hornblower

Carn Dum Warband 6 companies 265
Chieftain, Banner Bearer

Angmar Orc Warband 9 companies 185
Captain