PDA

View Full Version : Khorne Tzeentch Daemon Army 2k

Snoza
10-07-2009, 06:58 AM
Hey guys here is what i am going to build for my Daemons Army and i would like some advice:

Lords:

Bloodthirster 550
Obsiden Armour, Immortal Fury, Firestorm Blade

Heroes:

Herald of Khorne 150
Armour of Khorne, Daemonic Robes

BSB Herald of Tzeentch on Disc 260
Master of Sorcery, Spell Breaker, Great banner of Sundering

Core:

15 bloodletters 229
Standard, Bloodreaper, Banner of the Endless war

15 bloodletters 204
Standard, Bloodreaper

10 Horrors of Tzeentch 147
Standard, Icon of Sorcery

Special Units:

5 Flesh hounds of Khorne 175

Rare;

3 Flamers of Tzeentch 120
Pyrocaster

4 Flamers of Tzeentch 155
Pyrocaster

1990pts

Power Dice: 4 (5)
Dispel dice: 3 (4)
58 models

Also i am uncertain whether it is aloud to take 2 of the same banner if im wrong please point it out.

Please let me know what you think

Snoza

Wolf Lord Mattian Wolfbane
10-07-2009, 08:52 AM
V Nice list Snoza Id maybe drop the blood crusher and Herald of Tzeentch
for some more blood letters.

Snoza
10-07-2009, 11:17 AM
thanks Wolf, i was thinking about dropping the Bloodcrusher, but then i would also have to drop the Jugger on my Herald, cause that is unit i was hoping to have the herald with.

With the herald of Tzeentch, i do want to keep him, cause hes a lvl 2 wizard that knows all the spells in a Lore of magic, as well has having a dispel scroll (well daemon equivalent)

Snoza

10-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I just think you risk being overwhelmed with just 30 bloodletters.

How about drop the herald of Khorne and the blood crusher and take another identical unit of bloodletters and a extra flamer of tzeentch in the squad (think its legal). That leaves you 5 pts to spend on whatever youlike although i doubt it will buy much. :)

Snoza
10-07-2009, 11:32 AM
ill ponder that thought, Wolf, it sounds like it could work.

Snoza

10-07-2009, 11:33 AM
No problem

Marticus
10-07-2009, 11:33 AM
on the banner thing... no dude, if its from the magic item list can only take the one of em... sorry :) nice list though seems a touch scary, esp with that dirty old bloodthrister!.. stilll the sons of Ulthuan have always resisted and will continue to!

Snoza
10-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks clearing up the banner issue i was having :), i did decide to drop the bloodcrusher and juggernaut on the Herald, and the second banner, and took up another unit of Flamers and added a pyrocaster to both units :)

Marticus, this army is going to be a very Terrifiying army, both in visual and tabletop effectiveness (well thats what i am planning any way)

let me know what you think of the update,

Snoza

10-07-2009, 12:01 PM
V GOOD

Marticus
10-07-2009, 12:02 PM
wathc out for high elve dragon princes... theya re immune to all fire based attacks.. so the old blades on bloodletters have no effect!

10-07-2009, 12:03 PM
How many pts is a dragon prince though?

Marticus
10-07-2009, 12:04 PM
around 25 ish.. elven heavy cavalry

10-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Not bad for a rule like that OK heres new advice Snoza dont play Marticus :)

Snoza
10-07-2009, 12:10 PM
im Pretty Sure if i did play Marticus, i would field my WoC, and see how is Elven Cav does against Chaos Knights :)

Snoza

10-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Fair play it was a joke any way.

Marticus
10-07-2009, 12:14 PM
thats ok i know exactly what whould happen if my elven cav hit WOC.. they would just bounce off ;)

Snoza
10-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Fair play it was a joke any way.

I know :)

@Marticus: Curse the Elf ASF

Snoza

jthdotcom
10-07-2009, 06:08 PM
No Skulltaker!!??

Snoza
10-07-2009, 10:59 PM
yeah i know, no skulltaker, as this list is for a tournement (next year) and they dont allow Special Characters in Tournements down here, which really sucks. or for Sure i would have Skulltaker in the List.

Snoza

ItemfinderDeluxe
11-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Drop the 4th Flamer from the unit, drop the disk so the Herald can properly join the Horrors, and bulk up on the Troop numbers. You need the numbers in your troops because as they are they're weak to combat res with only 2 Ranks max and command. If you can't do enough damage to an average size force... remember, it'll be against stuff like Empire Troops with detachments, ASF Elves (or worse, those darn spammy Repeating Crossbow Dark Elves :mad: ), Toughness 4 Dwarves. And considering you can't save wounds from losing combat Res, you need the advantage in your troops.

You also can't rely on your other units all the time (no wait, you can; they're daemons) to do all the work(again, wrong because Flesh Hounds are ridiculuosly good and Flamers are a pain the the rear). You'll need to pick and choose targets - rely on the Flamers (stop running away damnit!) to blast enemy units and the Horrors (magic spam) to soften up targets. That way, the Bloodletters (not as good as 40K thankfully), Flesh Hounds (bugger those S5 attacks and Magic Res), and Bloodthirster (now where did I put those 100 skinks?) to win the combats. But you should know all this by now :p .

Still, more combat res.

That, or you could whip up a great big pile of cheese and replace the Khorne Herald and Bloodletters for Horrors and a Tzeentch Herald, and try to fit in another unit of Flesh Hounds. But then, I'd have to eat your army the moment I see it :eek: .

Snoza
12-07-2009, 05:14 AM
well here is the most recent version of the list:

Lords:

Bloodthirster 550
Obsiden Armour, Immortal Fury, Firestorm Blade

Heroes:

Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut 165
Armour of Khorne,

BSB Herald of Tzeentch 240
Master of Sorcery, Spell Breaker, Great banner of Sundering

Core:

15 bloodletters 217
Standard, Banner of the Endless war

10 Horrors of Tzeentch 132
Standard,

10 Horrors of Tzeentch 132
Standard,

Special Units:

Rare;

3 Flamers of Tzeentch 105

3 Flamers of Tzeentch 105

1996pts

Power Dice: 4 (6)
Dispel dice: 3 (5)
64 models

is that better :)

Snoza

ItemfinderDeluxe
12-07-2009, 06:39 AM
You know you are still tempting me to eat your army? Are you sure you need Obsidian armour of the Thirster, or the banner on the Letters? I thought the Thrister already had a respectable save, but then again I don't remember what the banner does... Other then that, I'm out of ideas to improve your list.

Snoza
12-07-2009, 07:15 AM
The Banner adds d6' to the first Charge of the letters, and the thirster doesnt have that great a save compared to other Lord level characters, so the Obsidian armour is helpful.

Snoza

Faileas
12-07-2009, 03:01 PM
loving the fact you have a jugga in the list, great model.

beergod
14-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Looks saucy. I am a huge fan of Flamers (We play with 2250 where I live) Out side of elves they rock.

Instead of the Firestorm blade, have you thought about the Khorne dispell? your a little light on Magic Protection. VCs could give you fits

Snoza
15-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Flamers are pretty sweet :)
With VC's thats what the BSB is for :) but i will think of the Magic protection
Snoza

beergod
15-07-2009, 05:07 PM
then out side of High Elves with the Dragon Cloaks you should be OK

Snoza
18-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Yep, oh and the Bretonnian Lord i posted up, that thing couldnt kill my Bloodthirster but it really did tie him up for the entire game :( cause i couldnt harm him, and really could either

Snoza

beergod
18-07-2009, 02:21 PM
What did that lord have on him? I didn't know brets had asbestos armour

Snoza
19-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Asbestos Armour is pretty much what he had :P but really he had the Dragons Tooth, which makes him immune to Flaming Attacks.

Snoza

Snoza
14-08-2009, 03:11 AM
Hey Guys here is what i am planning on Making for my Army, after Testing out a Great unclean One i have fallen, for the Fat giant, he is so awesome :)

Daemons of Chaos Army List:

Lords:

Great Unclean One – level 4, Trappings of Nurgle, Nurgles Rot, Pestlent Mucus
670pts

Heroes:

Herald of Khorne – Armour of Khorne
115pts

Herald of Tzeentch – level 2 BSB, Master of Sorcery, Spellbreaker, Banner of Unholy Victory
235pts

Core:

19 Bloodletters – Standard Bearer, Icon of the Endless War
265pts

20 Bloodletters – Standard Bearer
250pts

10 Horrors – Standard Bearer, level 1
132pts

Special:

5 Flesh Hounds
175pts

3 Nurgling Bases
105pts

Rare:

6 Flamers
210pts

PD: 7
DD: 4 (1 Scroll)
Models: 66

2157pts
i need to shave of around 157 pts but am unsure what to take out, i am really considering the Flesh hounds because i have come to the conclusion that they arent all that, sure there S5, T5, W2, M8, MR3 i havent really liked them in the army as they dont really for fill the role i thought they would.

But other then that let me know :)

Snoza

20-08-2009, 01:37 PM
I would agree with that

Killer
20-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Thats a good list there!

I'm just curious about the nurglings...?

And what about the Flaming sword for the Herald of Khorne?...

Snoza
21-08-2009, 01:13 AM
I wanted to use the nurglings, cause well i needed something to fill the gap of the Flesh hounds, and well Nurglings the little bundles of Poxy Goodness,

the Flaming Sword i was thinking of this, but well i have needed to drop some points.

Snoza

Killer
23-08-2009, 11:33 AM
I would rather drop the Nurglings and get another unit of horrors and the sword for the Herald...

And I think having 2 units of 3 Flamers will be more usefull - then you can divide your shooting attacks AND you give your opponent more targets!

grey_seer
20-10-2009, 10:16 AM
my brother is a daemon player. he's burnerboy. so i have a few suggestions.
great unclean ones and keepers of secrets are the best 2 greater deamons for lots of reasons.

keepers of secrets have a combo with heralds of tzeench with master of sorcery. auto knowsdoom and darkness andyour keeper of secretsshould have the fist spell, forgot what its called. and hope to get phantasmagoria and sclicing shards of slanesh. e.g.

unit of 30 bloodletters. all spell cast( mabyue the odd one dispeled but they cant stop you forever) ld 7-3 due to doom and darkness on three dice 4 in 216 chance of sucsess.:D

i also like great unclean ones but you cant run forward madly. i did a test. 50 clanrat slaves(full command)in combat with a great unclean one with trappings of nurgle. the great unclean one munched through 11 slaves!so it killed 22 points, the slaves killed 500 points. i say this because of my fondness of slaves.

everything else fine, exept the nurglings could be replaces by screamers:D.