PDA

View Full Version : Leman Russ Vanquisher cannon conversion

arceus1018
05-07-2009, 11:53 AM
I've just found out that the new Leman Russ set will not be having the new Vanquisher variant :( and now I need to find a way on how to make one. Alternatively, I could buy one from Forgeworld but their prices are just too ridiculously high (considering the exchange rates). I'm thinking of getting 2 normal Battle Cannons, cutting em up a bit then sticking em together. No too sure it'll work but its a plan. Anyone got any ideas?

Hephesto
05-07-2009, 12:01 PM
That is indeed a solution, though perhaps a tad expensive unless you can get the barrel seperate. There are several other solutions:

- Cities of Death pipes, these come in two parts as well and fit quite well on a Russ. Additional it should be way easier to trade a few of those pieces compaired to a full full barrel.
- Ye olde DIY-store should have tons of different size tubing for great prizes. Add some plasticard of just the plastic of a water bottle (alright more or less the right curves) and you have a pretty convincing barrel (extension).
-

arceus1018
05-07-2009, 12:06 PM
I guess that could do.

arceus1018
05-07-2009, 12:06 PM
I guess that could do, sounds resourceful and easy.

grimdisco
05-07-2009, 12:22 PM
I'd just go to the hobby store and buy some plastic or brass tube that is the same size and cut and extend the barrel.