PDA

View Full Version : NMM help needed

Starky
02-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Hello everyone

I was wondering if someone could suggest a good mid-colour for gold NMM (non metallic metals) as i have thought about it and just can't decide on a good colour for it, all help is greatly appreciated. note that if your recommendation works there may be REP in it for your trouble.

Starky

The Xenocide
02-07-2009, 12:00 PM
I would suggest Desert Yellow, at least that's what I'm going to try when I give gold NMM a go. It looks like it could work ;)

Out of interest, which colours are you planning to use for the extremes (dark and light shades). Just black and white? or a browny colour and white?

The X

Nomad
02-07-2009, 12:07 PM
50% Blood Red/ Sunset Yellow thin coats or drybrushed. Wash with gryphon Sepia

grimdisco
02-07-2009, 12:18 PM
yellow ochre has worked the best for me.

Starky
02-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Cheers everyone, i shall try all of the suggestions and post the results up as so as i get my camera back.
@The X, i plan to use scorched brown as the dark end, maybe even darkened down and then for the lightest colour i will be just adding white to the mix, hence lightening it up to a point that i like.

Starky

Arkaedin
03-07-2009, 12:52 AM
I use only snakebite, bleached bone and skull white for gold NMM (well, and a bestial brown base). Give it a wash with sepia and then you're golden (lol for puns :p)