PDA

View Full Version : CASTING Warhammer models

coquitour
23-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Well who likes to pay $50 for a chaplain dreadnought out of forgeworld? nothing against but if you want 3 4 or may be 10 you'll wind up paying a fortune, but that goes with every large or single model out there,,so my philosophy is if i buy it i can do with it what ever i want .. so i decided to do my own replicas so i could pose them and mutilate(customize) them all they want without paying the toll. So here is an example of my last casting and mutilation http://picasaweb.google.com/DreadnoughtChaplin/WarhammerCreations#5350287547247334850 so if you guys r interested in knowing the materials i used and how i did it plus tips i would more gladly post answers and questions.:) http://picasaweb.google.com/DreadnoughtChaplin/WarhammerCreations#5350287547247334850

coquitour
23-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Oh by the way lets make clear that i do not support this type of hobby for the purpose of selling copies but for the mere reason of making parts for yourself and yourself only,,, I do buy my originals straight from factory, i just cant afford what a battalion of tanks or dreadnoughts could cost .

coquitour
23-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Materials I use i buy from alumilite ,,their stuff is great but there is more than just pooring the material to a mold,, i use theis molding material also,, for intricate parts i use strength 3 and for regular easy stuff i use quick set molding rubber...the mix is preatty straight forward and the kit comes with measuring cups,,the trick is to heat up the mold for about 10m at 200f degrees on conventional oven,,to do a 2 parts mold gho to thei wep page they have excelent tutorials on their how to tab.

Tallarn
23-06-2009, 11:54 PM
While I applaud your enthuiasm I must, sadly - condem your methods. Creating resin casts of your own individual creations is a great way to crank out bases or scenery - but when you cross over into full on casting of GW owned designs we have a problem. Copyright infringement is not something we encourage, condone or tollerate on the these forums.

Thread Closed

*move along citizens*