PDA

View Full Version : Chris's 3k Dwarf Army List

ChrisSpaceWolves
15-06-2009, 05:33 AM
Thorek Ironbrow and his Anvil

Runelord Shield, Rune of preservation, Rune of stone, Rune of resistance, Master rune of Breaking, Rune of the furnace, Master rune of Balance

Master engineer Rune of stone Rune of resistance Rune of Fire

Thane Rune of Speed, Rune of Fury, Shield, Rune of Preservation, Rune of stone

Long Beards x20 Shields, Musician Standard Bearer Veteran

Warriors x20 Shields, Musician, Standard, Veteran

Warriors x20 Shields, Musician, Standard, Veteran

Quarrelers x16 shields, Musician, Standard, Vet

Thunderers x10 Shields Vet Mus Standard

Thunderers x10 Shields Vet Mus Standard

Ironbreakers x15 Ironbeard, Musician, Standard Rune of Stoicism, Rune of Battle,

Cannon Rune of Forging Rune of burning

Cannon Rune of Forging

Organ Gun

Grudge thrower Rune of Accuracy

evil gunline list with 30 inch range for 16 shots and 24"range for 36 shots... LOTS of metal between my gun lines and my opponent!!!

C&C welcome

Ossai
15-06-2009, 04:56 PM
I personally don't like gunlines, even less when Thorek is involved but hat is just my personal play style.
You are going to cause some serious damage, but I am concerned for any solitary flyers flying into your lines, the anvil cannot target them, as they are single units and so if they get into your lines they will wreak havoc.

Faileas
15-06-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm liking the idea of given thunders shields *grins* (wont that make them nearly as good as warriors in combat? one less save), cant really comment on tactics (yet *grins and winks*) but wont his engineer handle any flyers, or if he places the gunner crews in pairs (so they have extra support?) help limit the flyer threat. Again ive not played enough games to really be a voice, and have never fought verse flyers.....so if I'm saying something stupid.....just humour me

Ossai
15-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Thunderers with shields is an ok option, it means they will survive longer but thy really wont be much better in CC, just they can take more shooty attacks. Also the engineer may be able to take the flyer, but maybe not. If it is something that can fire a blast template (gyrocopter dragon etc) he may take wounds before he gets in combat. It also depends on if the Flyer goes for the engineer rather than a connon without him.

ChrisSpaceWolves
15-06-2009, 07:07 PM
I personally don't like gunlines, even less when Thorek is involved but hat is just my personal play style.
You are going to cause some serious damage, but I am concerned for any solitary flyers flying into your lines, the anvil cannot target them, as they are single units and so if they get into your lines they will wreak havoc.

if its a large target you can hit em with the anvil. Most Flying units are large so its not an issue.

Faileas
15-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Any chance of a picture of the wee blighters in battle formation? *grins* *nudges Mr Spacewolves*...

ChrisSpaceWolves
15-06-2009, 10:27 PM
I only have a few models painted so its kinda not worth the pixels. Check my WIP thread for progress on em as I just posted pictures of the white dwarf painted.

Faileas
16-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I had a peek and they are looking good.