PDA

View Full Version : DoW races

Serpent Tyrant
24-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Well this game has been out for awhile and I am sure most of you have it and played it. So my question to you is this do you think the races were accurately represented. What I mean is did relic do a good job on translating the 40k hobby into a computer game equivilent. I have been wondering about this for a little while.

Captain Toenail
24-07-2006, 12:40 AM
I didn\'t like the game. I found it extremely boring. The boltguns are a bit strange, they fire like machineguns!

Serpent Tyrant
24-07-2006, 12:55 AM
I always thought the boltgun was a machine gun just with explosive shells. I personally found the game quite fun and can\'t wait for the next expansion pack.

saustin
24-07-2006, 01:27 AM
For me the favourite race varies, at the moment it\'s orks in quick start. The amount of green bodies you can get on a screen in that is fun beyond belief!

Kiefer13
26-07-2006, 03:57 AM
I think it is a good game, it is just not a very accurate representation of 40k. All the squad sizes and weapons limiteds are worng and it is a bit weird that you can take 5 heavy/special weapons per tactical marine squad. But it is a great game. Never played it online but i heard it was good.

Indra
26-07-2006, 04:26 AM
In terms of toughness yes. Armour and tough foot troops die at a rate you\'d expect, but as for troop choices no. But I can understand the changes to make the game playable. All in all I think that they did a fairly good job of translating the game over, but that would be because GWi had a lot of input into it. Plasma Guns arent as effective.

mark
26-07-2006, 04:30 AM
if you think about it though its probably not rare for a SM squad to have say 5 special weapons, but pl;aying 40k on the table top wise it would be unfair, imagne a whole tatical squad with plasma guns and melta guns

SkuToV
26-07-2006, 03:50 PM
THAT would be cool...

I like the game, eldar are my favourite although the orks are goog for swamping the enemy in a sea of green...

Romulus81
26-07-2006, 04:02 PM
I really enjoyed the game... the only thing is i wish there were a few choices in the story mode.. for example see it in the orks and chaos eyes, maybe two options, 1) for the emperor= choose a chapter 2) Chaos. But then I guess the game would be too huge to produce:P