PDA

View Full Version : Leman russ questions

Excal88
25-05-2009, 04:48 AM
Hey guys, i just got a leman russ from my friend; it's put together, and i was wondering if theres anyway i can take off the sponsons, or mod the hull lascannon to be a heavy bolter. like, are the sponsons just glue-on to the treads, or are there slots on the hull itself? and would simple green be effective on getting rid of the glued pieces? thanks!

Tallarn
25-05-2009, 04:53 AM
underneath the sponsons there are 4 little guide bracket corners that are not more than about 2 mm in height. Wont be hard to file them down and make it all match the tank sides. But if I were you I would leave them on, sponsons are the new pink you know.

Get an eyedropper and use some acetone free nail polish remover and place small drops on both sides of the bow gun until it comes off.

Simple green won't work on modeling glue for plastics, if he used super glue then the simple green might work - but the acetone free nail polish remover will do it quicker. But make sure you use an eye dropper with either one, otherwise you will have the stuff going everywhere.

Excal88
26-05-2009, 04:03 AM
hmm. mmk. would any hard ware shop sell acetone free nail polish remover? or just certain beauty salons and the such?

LAZtheinfamous
26-05-2009, 04:17 AM
Actually, you can probably get it at the Dollar Store or a Grocery.

Deathboon
26-05-2009, 05:32 AM
Wal-mart, or equivalent will have it