PDA

View Full Version : Custardy Chaos goodness

minion of the custard god
13-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Lord[B]
Sigvald
[B]Hero
Chaos Scorcerer, lv2, mark of nurgle, power familiar, collar of khorne, conjoined homunculus.
Chaos Scorcerer, lv2, mark of nurgle, book of secrets, talisman of protection, biting blade, third eye of tzeentch.
Chaos Scorcerer, lv2, mark of nurgle, infernal puppet, enchanted shield, bloodcurdling roar.
Core
15 Chaos Warriors, shields, full command, mark of khorne.
15 Chaos Warriors, shields, full command, mark of nurgle.
15 Chaos Warriors, shields, full command, mark of nurgle.
Special
12 Chosen, mark of nurgle, shields, xtra hand weapons, banner of rage, favour of the gods.

What do you all think of one of my 2250pnts list i do play with sum sutle diferences but this is my main one that i use 60% of the time and remember ALL HAIL THE CUSTARD GOD!!!!!!!!!

beergod
13-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Ummm, It's a little slow with no real heavy hitters. Dwarf gun line will give you fits. Get some dogs,Knights, horsemen, Dragon Ogres, Giant, something that can hit and or move

Killer
13-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Well here's a few tips that might help...

First put all your sorcerers on Barded steeds- gives them a 2+ AS! Very usefull!

Now drop all you warrior squads to 10... bear with me- you will attach a sorcerer to each squad so this will effectively make the unit "12 models" big. so deploy them like this:

(S) W W W W W
(S) W W W W W

That'll maximise your combat!
O, and give all you warriors halberds! It really helps!

NOW... there are a few options... You can use the points you saved to put in a warshrine! This might help a lot!

OR. try and skim some points for an additional warrior unit! It might help to downgrade your chosen to normal warriors! A better option in my opinion!

Try throwing in some magical banners too!

You can always swap a Sorcerer for a BSB with the banner of the gods... It'll be hard to get around those guys!!!

I think this wil just give them the edge...

Nitram
13-05-2009, 03:08 PM
i'll be honest. I think that list would get stemrolled by most anything.
Sigvald isnt that great and Warriors are pretty bad when weighed against other core choices.
I'd consider some Chariots and maybe some Ogres with a Mark of Khrorne and Great Weapons.
4 of them can run you about 250 points? i think (no armybook near by).
A BSB is also a good addition.
Valkia would be a great fit for a Lord choice, or a Lvl4 Socerer on a Disk.

Just my thoughts, I play an all Calvary WoC list and it changes enough to make Tzneetch proud.

16-05-2009, 09:09 AM
sorry to disapoint u all but when i play with this list i have a 80% win ratio and in the store i regulary go to there is mostly vampires, tome kings, wood elves, high and dark elves, ogres and lizardmen and i do just well.

beergod
16-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Then try it against Empire, Dwarves, Daemons, Skaven and Bretonians. The gun lines should destroy you every time

Snoza
17-05-2009, 11:14 PM
I would really suggest getting a Unit of Knights cause they can and will take on almost everything in the game, and i also agree with what Beergod and Killer have said. Gunlines will kill you unless you have something for cannonfodder.

Also there are better Chaos Lords, then Sigvlad, Kolek is a great choice for a Lord. other then that it looks nice.

Snoza

Carrelio
18-05-2009, 02:53 AM
So... it's been a long day, and some how, when I say the title of this thread, I thought I read, "Custardy of my children" and had this weird flash of some sort of weird law show, where two parents are trying to get divorced and coat the children in custard at the same time... I think it would be a hit.

18-05-2009, 09:27 AM
a hit indeed, i have gone up against a couple of dwarf gunlines but the dwarves cant hit and dont hit my stuff be cauze of how awsome i am (god knows how many cover/ feal no pain saves i can make (my master kharne cant vouch for that as kharne junior hates my nob squad with a passion), brets just seem to bounce of my units, the only army i have trouble with is deamon armys especialy khorne ones my only way to deal with them is keep them out of charge range and pick on one unit at a time with my magic witch is affective (just ask kharne).