PDA

View Full Version : Whaddya do next?

Alcander
11-05-2009, 08:25 PM
I have 1500 points in orcs. And not much income. But I want more power. MORE POWER!!!

Ahem. Anyway, I'm thinking about getting a giant next, or some doom divers. What do you all think?

Current List:

20 Orc Boys (musician, standard and boss)
20 NG bowmen (2 nets, musician, 2 fanatics)
20 Spider Riders (musician, standard and boss)
Orc Boar Chariot
40 NG Spearmen (musician, standard and boss, 2 fanatics)
20 NG Archers (musician, Fanatics)
2 Trolls

NG Big Boss - Standard bearer, Spider banner
Orc B. Boss - Iron Gnashas, Best Basha, Collar of Zorga, Shield, Light Armor
NG Shaman - Lv2, Mad Caps, 3 Magic Mushrooms

beergod
11-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Giant... The Doom divers are not that good. As far as war Machines go- Bolt throwers and Snotling Pump Wagons are your best options.

Also the Wyvern adds good punch to the army

Alcander
11-05-2009, 11:57 PM
ehhehe... pump wagons make me giggle. they just seem so... pathetic. Until you get hit by one probably though...

beergod
12-05-2009, 01:24 PM
they are cheap chariots, you don't want one to attack alone if you can help it. Great a smashing smaller units and taking shots while your boyz move in for the bigger hit. Also good at redirecting frenzied units as they have to waste time fighting a small point unit. Very useful.

Also do you have Fanatics? If you do, get more they ware awesome as well

Nitram
12-05-2009, 01:44 PM
spear chukkas
spear chukkas
spear chukkas
spear chukkas
spear chukkas

LAZtheinfamous
12-05-2009, 02:53 PM
I also am a cheap player. I'm guessing that you got some Battle for skull passes? There's some great conversion opps in that. There's a couple things that you can mod to make cheap alternatives to the regular models. (NOT THREADJACKING, just examples)

Spear Chukka:
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo124/laztheinfamous/FantasyOrcs/IMG_1614.jpg

DoomDiver/Stone Thrower:
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo124/laztheinfamous/FantasyOrcs/IMG_1616.jpg

Cost to me, NOTHING! Well, glue, popsicle sticks, gs, and plasticard.

Though, I do suggest a giant. I'll be buying one sooner or later.

Hephesto
12-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Crap, Laz beats me to another post. I was going to suggest buying a giant and converting some spear chuckas and doom divers from plastic kits like he's done so well!

gibbis
12-05-2009, 03:41 PM
i woulds say get a giant. i use a treeman some players shoot almost every thing at them which is a good thing because you can get you army in to combat with little damage but then there is cannons and flame canons. player that try to kill your bigger monsters are not going to help themselfs because they are to worryed about your monster.

LAZtheinfamous
12-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Crap, Laz beats me to another post. I was going to suggest buying a giant and converting some spear chuckas and doom divers from plastic kits like he's done so well!

Just call me Jay Garrick.

Alcander
13-05-2009, 04:17 AM
Lol ok. Also, I really don't like my Orc Boar chariot, and I'm trying to refocus my army from Night goblin heavy to Orcs. Any ideas/help?

Alcander
14-05-2009, 05:35 PM
*sigh* i hate to do this. Bump?

beergod
15-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Boar boyz, wild orks, Wyvern, spear chukas, Giant. that's what you need if your going more orks than Gobbos

Marticus
15-05-2009, 03:16 PM
BLACK ORKS!!!!! DEY IS DA BEST FOR KRUMPIN STUFF...

umm yeah or a giant :)

Alcander
15-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Boar boyz, wild orks, Wyvern, spear chukas, Giant. that's what you need if your going more orks than Gobbos

Yeah, but I want to get rid of my orc boar chariot. First of all, how useful is it? Because in my last battle, an assassin's shuriken blew it up. Yes, blew it up. I don't understand how either.

LAZtheinfamous
15-05-2009, 05:36 PM
THe chariot isn't so great, but Boar Boyz, the cavalry models, are very nice.

Alcander
15-05-2009, 05:39 PM
mmk, i'll give those a shot. after all, if i get the job that i'm after, models will no longer be an issue for me to buy :D

beergod
16-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Yeah, but I want to get rid of my orc boar chariot. First of all, how useful is it? Because in my last battle, an assassin's shuriken blew it up. Yes, blew it up. I don't understand how either.

Was the Shuriken S7 or do multiple wounds? That should be the only way it blows up with one hit (short of hitting impassable features)

Alcander
16-05-2009, 07:40 AM
i think it did multiple wounds. it was a while ago, i can't remember. I can find out though, it was a friend's dark elf army.

beergod
16-05-2009, 01:41 PM
i think it did multiple wounds. it was a while ago, i can't remember. I can find out though, it was a friend's dark elf army.

That could do it if you fail your save an it did 4 Wounds. Same as if he did to a Character or large monster. Just a lucky roll. It happens

jthdotcom
13-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Giant and bolt throwers....and as many fanatics as you can get LOL