PDA

View Full Version : Daemons of Chaos 2k

Snoza
10-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Hey Guys, i want to ask for your Opinion on this Army list for my WIP Daemon's Army, i want a general khorne theme, but i also want to incorperate some Tzeentch Daemons, for magical offence and defence.

Here is the list:

Lords:

Bloodthirster; 550pts
Obsidian Armour, Firestorm Blade, Immortal Fury

Heroes:

Herald of Khorne; 200pts
Juggernaut Mount, Etherblade

BSB Herald of Khorne; 250pts
Chariot, Great Standard of Sundering

Core:

20 Bloodletters; 295pts
Champion, Musician, Standard, Skull totem

20 Blood Letters; 295pts
Champion, Musician, Standard, Icon of the Endless War

Special:

5 Hounds of Khorne 175pts

3 Screamers of Tzeentch 90pts

Rare:

2 BloodCrushers. 140pts

Total: 1995pts

Please let me know your thoughts

Snoza

ItemfinderDeluxe
10-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Question. Are you out for the Khorne and Tzeentch assistance/manipulation theme, or do you feel like cheesing it up at WFB tourneys for a change?

beergod
10-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Is this an under 2000 point list or a 2000 point list?
Because if it's a 2000 pt list your short a core.

Your lord is perfect.
I like the Sundering Banner
Musicians in a Daemon army are useless. so save some points there.
Also Unit Champions are a little Pricey for what you get, so you may want to drop them as well
I'd Change one of the units of Blood letters into 2 units of Horrors
Get rid of the Screamers and get as many Flamers as you can, they are awesome.
Make the BSB a Herald of Tzeentch instead and give him Spell Breaker and Master of sorcery (If you have the Points)
Try to replace the Herald of Khorne on a jugger with Skultaker on a jugger
That way you have a better mix of troops

Snoza
10-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks guys.

@IFD: yeah i want to cheese it for WFB tourneys (thought id give it a try)

@beergod:its a 2000point list. and i just relised that i was one core short. Flamers sound like a good idea, ill try out the herald of tzeentch, but as for skulltaker (i would really love to include him) but tournements dont allow named characters, but as for fun ill diffiently be putting him in.

Snoza

beergod
11-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Different places have different rules. We're allowed them at mys store.
Flamers rock. on Average a unit of 5 gets off 14-20 shots. If they haven't moved that's, on average, 7-10 hits and another 3-6 Wounds, that are flaming attacks. two units work better as do units of 6, but your a little limited on points (We play 2250 games)
Not only that, they have 2 wounds each, cause fear and hit with S5 in CC. Yeah their WS sucks, but there still awesome.

By adding the Horrors and Herald you get +3 dispell dice which works great with the banner your using. plus you get a little more shooting with the Flames of Tzeentch spell.
Lore of the beast shuts down monsters and mounted units, plus gives you a psell to make your Herald a close combat wombat, much better than anything on the Tzeentch list.

Snoza
12-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Thanks Beergod, i will edit my list, when i get home, so and post up the updated list :).

Those Flamers sound like a really sound idea, i will Have to try them out :)

Snoza