PDA

View Full Version : Conversion Rules

Bonzgreen
06-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Hey guys I have a question that has been bugging me. I'm still new to 40k and tabletop games in general, but when creating a converted model is there a set of rules to abide by?

I imagine just about anything can goes as far as visuals but when you start adding weapons and war-gear etc.. how do you determine if/how the point values change for that particular model. I understand that forge world makes codex's that cover their model changes, but I was just curious about all the others. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

ChrisSpaceWolves
06-05-2009, 03:23 AM
Wargear that is available to the model your converting is in the codex for the army. usually people stick to what you "can " have on the model and go from there... but if your just converting it to do it, then by all means go nutz. Some of us on the site prefer to convert and paint over playing. If you look in the fiction section I posted up a picture of an Avatar on a Jetbike. Two things that NEVER will be on the table with the same base.

Bonzgreen
07-05-2009, 02:01 AM
thanks man that helps alot. i do plan to convert some models just for looks but i never hurts to know, and knowing is half the battle.......GI JOE.......sorry couldn't resist.:D

ChrisSpaceWolves
07-05-2009, 10:58 PM
We're always here to lend a hand with advice. Lots of good guys on this site so don't be afraid to ask.

LAZtheinfamous
08-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Yeah, if it is just for funsies, then do whatever you want otherwise stick to what's in the codex. Though be forewarned, just cause it is legal NOW doesn't mean that it will always be legal. RIP Gaurdsmen with Stormbolters, you were a good unit!