Stb/mus
Blasted Standard

Total: 300 pts

5 Chaos Knights
Mark Of Nurgle
Stb/mus
War Banner

Total: 285 Pts

I made kholek my lord so i could save points and put them towards something strong and reliable like another unit of chaos knights. it was a tough decision because b4 kholek I wanted to use a chaos lord mounted and a dragon. that would have cost me 740 points total so im kinda torn. What do ya'll think about the list?

Snoza
04-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Well i like it, but the one thing that will kill you is magic, as at the moment you have no Magic Defence, so i would suggest Dropping Kolek for 2 lvl 2 Sorcerers, or drop a unit of Knights for the Sorcerer's, but they are one thing you will need in your army.

Let me know if that helps.

Snoza

Nitram
04-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I've tried a list very similar to this one. Kohlek has died every game i've played from either being rundown b/c of combat res.(twice), killing blow from the Skulltaker, and the Pit of Shadows. I've also found that Warriors on foot are a waste of points, chariots are great, and dogs for screening troops is amazing. Moreover, a scroll caddy is a must. The best advice i could give is to never send Kholek into a combat alone unless its a Stegadon or some related monster.

beergod
04-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Unless your taking a lot of foot troops and magic, Chaos warriors on foot are not fast enough. Save the points and use marauders with flails for your core. Kohlek isn't that good, Your better off using the Khorne Chick. You need at least one dispell scroll character. your knights seem OK, the unit with the blasted standard I would give them the mark of Tzentch for the 4+ ws.

Killer
05-05-2009, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=Icehaus.logan;186744]
Lords:

Kholek
This guy is good, but IMO there are better special Characters for this specific list.

CORE

12 Chaos Warriors
champion/Mus
Halberds
Shields
Mark of Nurgle

NICE! I love em! But for the love of Nurgle- Drop the champ for a Stb and give em a banner!

12 Chaos Warriors
Champion/Musician
Halberds
Shields
Mark of Nurgle

NICE! I love em! But for the love of Nurgle- Drop the champ for a Stb and give em a banner!

10 Marauder Horsemen
Mark of Slaanesh
Light armor
Flails
stb
Raptous Standard
OK, *slap on the wrist* Everything is perfect, except for no stb and banner! And always units of 5 or 6!

5 Chaos Warhounds
Why the hell not
Exactly! Why the hell not?! They can always be useful!

SPECIAL

5 Chaos Knights
Mark Of Nurgle
Stb/Mus
Banner of Rage

Very nice!!!

5 Chaos Knights
Mark Of Khorne
Stb/mus
Blasted Standard

Very nice!!!

5 Chaos Knights
Mark Of Nurgle
Stb/mus
War Banner

They too are very nice, but do you really need them? Thte answer is: Of course you do!...BUT you need a scroll caddy more! You can always put a sorcerer on a Barded steed with 2 scrolls and pop him in a unit of warriors! Works great!

beergod
05-05-2009, 02:27 PM
You may also want to swap out a unit of Knights for 4 Ogres w/ Chaos Armour, MoK and Great Weapons. Cost is a little less and gives you some S6 Attacks (by some I mean 16), plus the 3W per model gives you something that can take a hit