PDA

View Full Version : Mixing paint

Consadine
02-05-2009, 09:51 AM
My one pot of Bleached Bone is dead :(

Of course, when this happened, the urge to paint some of my Guardsmen came a'knocking (Bleached Bone and CB scheme). After looking at GW's website and the first LotR rulebook for mixing ideas, I tried adding grey and white to two separate spots of Bestial Brown on my pallet to see if the charts are right. Nothing. Tried this again but with Snakebite Leather, hoping the SL's initial lighter color would help this along. No dice, only flesh tones.

Am I missing something obvious, subtle, or is Bleached Bone an unmixable color? :confused:

Captain Castus
02-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Matching tones is incredibly difficult... I'd just buy a new pot! ;)

CC

darknight
02-05-2009, 11:29 AM
yea buy another pot, dam the expense.lol. if you can pick up the p3 one, more in it as well and much smoother, itd called jack bone.

Consadine
02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=Captain Castus;185908]Matching tones is incredibly difficult... I'd just buy a new pot! ;)/QUOTE]

I would if the hobby store had some. They've only got a limited selection of paints.

Scoppio
02-05-2009, 04:32 PM
you need white and a little brown... i DO NOT sugest using snakebite because its not brown, its yellow... maybe vomit brown should be better.

But you will need ALOT of white, like 95% white and 5% vomit brown...

Captain Castus
02-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I would if the hobby store had some. They've only got a limited selection of paints.

Ermmm... Move house! :D

CC

Aeth
02-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Your local art shop might have something appropriate.

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
02-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Aye on that one Aeth! ;)

But yes if you like when it comes to painting my termies I'll have a little test for you. I haven't "boned" any marines in a while.

(Yes that is a terrible pun... I've had an awesome contest of them all day! :D)

Aeth
02-05-2009, 07:01 PM
You were at that massed apocalypse battle in GW today? I popped my head in teh door when I was passing, looked like about 80 players a side :)

Consadine
03-05-2009, 04:53 AM
But yes if you like when it comes to painting my termies I'll have a little test for you. I haven't "boned" any marines in a while.

Oh?

And I found the other paint racks at the store today. They've even got Vallejo paints! :cool: Needless to say, I'm better now :p

Saint of M
03-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Do you have any of the base coats? Try the khahky color, or pull out some cash and spend some on a bottle of leach Bone.