01-05-2009, 06:09 PM
I REALLY REALLY need advice on how to go about painting imperial fist armour!
Plz let me know what paints i need and tested tech's you have used cheers!
(A pic would be GRATE! )
01-05-2009, 08:59 PM
It's a bit of a hobby of mine, painting Fists. Along with catching deadly snakes with my bare hands and killing zombies.
For me, it's fairly simple, and a two-three hour job, less if in batches.
1. Carefully re-evaluate the spelling and grammar content of your post.
2. Prime black.
3. Undercoat armor Vomit Brown. Keep it watered down, three or four coats. Assure full coverage before proceeding. Optional highlights with mixes of Vomit Brown and Bleached Bone, which help with Step 6.
4. Now, the fun part. Proceed to wash the armor with a mix of roughly two parts Golden Yellow to two parts water and one part dish detergent. No, really- cuts the surface tension, in case you were wondering. This'll be five or six coats, but the result is a solid, warm yellow over a black basecoat.
5. Ink various lines and borders within the armor with two parts water to one part Brown Ink (sometimes, I use a mix of Flesh and Black. Can't give you numbers on the new washes). Hit the deepest corners again, but a measure of care serves one well here.
6. Highlight sparingly, starting with straight Golden Yellow and slowly adding Bleached Bone or Skull White, depending on preference. I tend towards the former.
Pictures later, if I can find the reader.
02-05-2009, 12:18 AM
brush Minwax pecan satin 320
wait till dry
pick up edge highlights with the same yellow.
Or you can prime white
drybrush yellow twice
drybrush light yellow
then glaze with yellow ink
the 2nd, is the way I painted my Fists
05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
will give it a bash of all ideas and see what works :)