PDA

View Full Version : 2K Vampire Counts

SquallEvoker
30-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Well, to start this list off, it is to be against goblins and bigger goblins.

Vampire Lord - 450
Army General
+1 Wizard upgrade
Dread Knight
Supernatural Horror
Red Fury
Dreadlance
Book of Arkhan
**with blood knights

Vampire - 195
Master of the Black Arts
Sceptre de Noirot
Power Stone
**with skeletons A

Vampire - 190
Dark Acolyte
Rod of Flaming Death
**with skeletons B

Vampire - 190
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
Helm of Commandment
Black Periapt

Zombies - 116
27 models
Standard bearer

(A) Skeleton Warriors - 212
19 models
Spears
Champion and Standard bearer
War Banner

(B) Skeleton Warriors - 212
19 models
Spears
Banner of the Dead Legion

Corpse Cart - 100
Unholy Lodestone

Blood Knights - 335
4 models
The Flag of Blood Keep

Total - 2000 points

All in all, heavy points in heroes, but it will pay off with the number of zombies and such I'll be raising and the havoc I'll be causing.

japehlio
01-05-2009, 02:25 AM
dont worry about heavy points in heroes, vamps will (and should) be hero heavy, my own vamp list has almost 1000 points of heroes in a 2k list, maybe drop the banner on the blood knights, give em the royal standard of strigos, then you can also give your lord another weapon, perhaps Skabscrath as this would give him terror, freeing up bloodline points to spend, and points for a nice ward save perhaps? i say drop the banner as goblins wont chuck out THAT much firepower, at least not enough to kill off more than 2 or 3 knights, your bigger worry is combat res beating you with a small unit like that, hatred will allow you to re-roll those 1's and 2's...

hope that helps

SquallEvoker
01-05-2009, 03:42 AM
I have the banner there because my friend fields 2 spear chuckkas, a rock lobba, and has fanatics EVERYWHERE. That, and auto-hitting S7 attacks with red fury is wrong. I do understand your point with hatred, but such an expensive unit needs good protection. If I get a charge off with them, I know I'll have him beat, as I'll be down 5 in combat, so I have no doubt that my lord alone can make that up.

Thanks for the input though.

SquallEvoker
02-05-2009, 08:58 PM
I revised my list. I was dissatisfied in that my opponent would know exactly where my big baddies would be going. Here's the new list:

Vampire Lord - 430
Army General
+1 Wizard upgrade
Dread Knight
Dark Acolyte
Forbidden Lore (Fire)
Skull Staff
Power Stone
**with blood knights

Vampire - 195
Master of the Black Arts
Helm of Commandment
Black Periapt

Vampire - 180
Dark Acolyte
Summon Ghouls
Staff of Sorcery
**with the 21 ghouls

Vampire - 180
Dark Acolyte
Summon Ghouls
Book of Arkhan
**with the other 21 ghouls

Zombies - 88
20 models
Standard bearer

(A) Crypt Ghouls - 176
21 models
Champion

(B) Crypt Ghouls - 176
21 models
Champion

Dire Wolves - 40
5 models

Dire Wolves - 40
5 models

Corpse Cart - 100
Unholy Lodestone

Corpse Cart - 100
Unholy Lodestone

Blood Knights - 295
4 models
Royal Standard of Strigos

Total - 2000 points

The dire wolves are to act as a screen for the blood knights so that they can't be easily shot and so that they don't get forced to charge due to their frenzy. The corpse carts and all of my other rank and file troops are within the 6" of the unholy lodestones, so I'll be raising d6+2 crypt ghouls each invocation, and d6+6 zombies. I'll have +2 to dispel rolls, and 7-8 dispel dice, so I'll stop my opponent's magic dead.

Please leave comments and critiques. If there's anything you think of, even if you can't figure out where I'll get the points, let me know. Thanks.

shas'o sharrak
10-05-2009, 01:04 AM
Howdy i have written a few vampire counts lists and i like your list, a different approach i like is two give two characters the
helm of commandment and leave them unengaged at the back (a ws7 unit of wights with a wight king and the sword of kings is a good one) or one ws7 and one ws6 units of zombies or skeletons, however it does take a bit of practice to use though i have seen those wights take out a few things and as all have killing blow and the king gets it on a 5+ they make a good unit to kill characters or well armoured foes even without the characters ws.

I like the idea of raising all them zombies and the would make great redirection. Just raise them in front of any enemy unit
that would get to charge next turn facing in a nasty direction and opening up their flank or rear to your counter charge, or forcing them to try to go round the wasting a turn.

Another twist is to forgo the raising aspect and build your army around a 10 man block of blood knights led by a combat lord and a 20 man unit of wights with wight king and sword of kings the other characters should be kitted out for offensive and defensive magic ( a vampire for offence and a vampire for defence). The exact makeup of the force is up to you but the idea is the same. Small next to immpossible to kill units all supporting each other.

I will go thu and see if i can find a couple of list's one horde and the Knights of blood keep list and post them for you to look at. Good hunting

SquallEvoker
10-05-2009, 01:28 AM
One thing, you can only take each magic item, save power stones/dispel scrolls only once.