PDA

View Full Version : Feedback requested: First WE 1500 army!

Dubxc1
29-04-2009, 03:54 AM
Hows it going guys? My brother recently got me interested in this game and I wanted to post my first WE army. Feedback is definitely welcome!

Wood Elves: 1500 Points

Total points spent out of 1500: 1499

Hero(s): Wood Elf Noble
-Light armor
-Great Eagle mount
-Bow of Loren
-Enchanted Shield
Total: 172pts

Wood Elf Noble
-Waywatcher Kindred
-Starfire Arrows
-Pagent of Shrikes
-Deploys with Waywatcher unit
Total: 160pts

Grand Total: 332pts

Core Units: Glade Guard - 1 unit: 10 soldiers
-1 Musician upgrade
Total: 126pts

Glade Guard - 1 unit: 10 soldiers
-1 Musician upgrade
Total: 126pts

Glade Riders - 1 unit: 5 soldiers
-1 Standard Bearer upgrade
-1 Musician upgrade
Total: 147pts

Glade Riders - 1 unit: 5 soldiers
-1 Musician upgrade
Total: 147pts

Dryads - 1 unit: 8 soldiers
-1 Branch Nymph upgrade
Total: 108pts

Grand Total: 654pts

Special Units: Wild Riders of Kurnous - 1 unit: 5 soldiers
-1 Musician upgrade
Total: 148pts

Wardancers - 1 Unit: 8 soldiers
-1 Musician upgrade
-1 Bladesinger upgrade
Total: 165pts

Grand Total: 313pts

Rare Units: Waywatchers - 1 unit: 8 soldiers
-1 Shadow Sentinel upgrade

Grand Total: 200pts

SquallEvoker
29-04-2009, 05:01 AM
Well, I'll be. For a first list, this is quite spectacular. I'm a WE player myself, and this list isn't too dissimilar from ones I've thought up. Here's some tips:

-Get rid of all the magic items on your warhawk hero. Replace them with a Blight of Terrors and a mundane shield. Terror causing fliers can cause serious psychology havoc.

-Replace one unit of Glade Guard with a unit of Warhawk Riders. Toss your hero into them, and now, not only can you charge to cause a terror test, your hero can hit and run to charge someone else next turn.

-Drop one unit of Glade Riders and one Wardancer model (not the whole unit) and add a branchwraith with the level 1 wizard upgrade, a Cluster of Radients, and A Befuddlement of Mischiefs. Tack it on to your dryads for some serious punch, two extra dispel dice, and a use for your power dice.

All in all, this brings you to 1500 exactly. Outside of the changes listed here, you did a fantastic job putting this together. Now, in all sincerity, have you ever played Wood Elves before with a list made by a friend, or have you played other armies before?

Dubxc1
29-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Hey I appreciate the compliment! No I have never played this game before! Nearest I've come is playing that Warhammer online RPG game, which is obviously nothing like this but still some similar stuff..

My brother's been telling me about him and his friends playing and suggested that I look into this, make an army, and come have a few beers and roll the dice with 'em! Took me a couple days to read up on how to do this but I'm big into RTS games so I'm not totally inexperienced building an army.

Bro explained to me pretty well how the WE plays so I just went with what seemed best for their play style and with a little help from him got it done! Still have to buy the figurines and put them together but I was told this was the first step.

Course it all looks impressive until I actually start playing and figuring out all the ways to lose to Dwarves and Warriors of Chaos lol.

Again though thanks for the suggestions and I'm definitely going to put my mounted hero in a group of warhawk riders! I wanted him to be in a mounted group anyway but wasn't sure about how it all went together.

Thanks
~Dub

SquallEvoker
29-04-2009, 07:12 AM
Eeek. Dwarves. You'll have to change the list around to deal with those stumpy little nuisances. Scratch the Branchwraith altogether, drop the terror on your warhawks, and ignore trying to mess with them psychology wise. Their army wide Ld 9 will make the vast majority of their tests pass. I don't have too much advice for you vs them unless I know whether they're gunline or castle fighters. Either way, waywatchers will be your friends.

swaydizzle
18-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Great army! I play WE myself, but I am quite new to the game.
I just stumpled over something:

-Replace one unit of Glade Guard with a unit of Warhawk Riders. Toss your hero into them, and now, not only can you charge to cause a terror test, your hero can hit and run to charge someone else next turn.

This isnt possibly (very great idea though!) p. 69 in the rulebook

SquallEvoker
18-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Well, thanks for pointing that out. I don't read the rules all the way through when I think I know them...

gibbis
18-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Wood Elf Noble
-Light armor
-Great Eagle mount
-Bow of Loren
-Enchanted Shield
Total: 172pts

You should think about giving him a spear as well. It will make him better on the turn he charges. When i use wood elves my friends always think i have hail of doom arrow so i use alot of diffrant items for each battle i play to get the best out of your opponats weeknesses. I have used wood elves alot playing against chaos, slayers, dwarfs, dark elves, high elves, britonians, vampire counts, empire and ogers. i have just started empire and i have had two games with them and have found it is harder to deploy them with wood elves deployment is key. make sure you make good use of your free woods. i put my free woods behind my main glade gaurd unit. This can be good if your glade guards get charged stand and shoot ( once a unit of 10 glade gaurd killed 3 chaos knights which make them panic and i got my warhawk riders to charge them in my next turn) if you dont cause a panic you will get beat in combat you will run into you free woods. thye will try and catch you and then they will be at half movmment on there next turn. which gives you chance to cast treesing of them.

sorry about the spelling. i was trying to help you but i seem to have went on for a bit. best of luck. let us know how any games play go.