PDA

View Full Version : 1400 O&G Army for 4/25

LAZtheinfamous
24-04-2009, 04:14 PM
This saturday I'll be having another battle against Kodiak Jones at the store (people are going away). By that time I'll have exactly 1400 points. This is so far everything in my O&G army (but the troll-who gets left at home again). I would especially like some input on the wargear, since I am trying some new stuff. Ah, as a side note, MSC=Muscian, Standard, Champion.

Night Goblin Big Boss
Sneaky Skewer
Warboss Umm's Best Boss 'At

Night Goblin Shaman
Level 2 Wizard
Amulet of Protectyness
Magic Mushrooms x2

Orc Boys (20)
MSC
Big Un's (20)

Night Goblin Archers (20)
MSC

Night Goblin With Spear/Shield (44)
Spears (44)
MSC

Night Goblin With Spear/Shield (44)
Spears (44)
MSC

Black Orcs (20)
MSC
Gork's WAAGH Banner

Orc Boar Chariot

Spear Chukka

Doom Diver

Marticus
24-04-2009, 04:27 PM
looks good.. thought about the sneaky staff of steraling insterad some muchrooms?

LAZtheinfamous
24-04-2009, 04:31 PM
I would normally do the sneaky staff (Awesome!), but since I am going to be facing dwarves, it seemed rather silly. I should have probably mentioned that I'd be fighting dwarves, shouldn't I? Which is why I choose the magic mushrooms. They add some potency to the formidable dwarven dispels, and some fun if I blow up!

Marticus
24-04-2009, 04:33 PM
yeah pretty useless against those stunties really.... hmmm i shall have a think

Nitram
24-04-2009, 05:25 PM
dont use a doom diver, take the spear chukka.
they pay for there points everytime.

Jasfmpgh
24-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Hmm, this is alot of guys for 1000 pts..
Maybe split the NG spearmen into 3 groups intsead of 2 huge ones, that way if one or two panics its less of a impact.
Giving the orc boys a extra choppa each makes them very nasty to fight against (+1 attack each)
Switch the amulet of protectness for the magic ring that casts headbutt maybe? Protection for mages isn't really needed as long as you stay in a unit.

I have only one question.. where are the fanatics?

SquallEvoker
24-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Dude. Put. Fanatics. In. Every. Unit. No exceptions. They are lethal.

LAZtheinfamous
24-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Fantatics, I don't own any. Therefore, they are not getting used. Same for the second spear chukka. I'll probably be getting some soon.

As for the gigantic units, well, Ld 5 sux. If you have to make a test when you have 25% casualities, I'll make much fewer tests if they have to take out 11 gobbos instead of just 4/5.

SquallEvoker
25-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Buy fanatics. Convert fanatics. Do something.

Jasfmpgh
26-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Alright Laz, I've been messing around this morning trying to find a more stable list for you and here is what I came up with.
First off I bumped you up to 1600 pts.. I'm pretty sure I didn't include anything you don't have the models for (You may have to model a Orc shaman, but I know you have it in you... or I might have one in my attic if you wanna root around.)

My idea is this, Your black orc's are tired of being the only ones who can keep they're heads in a fight, and decide to "Demote" the goblin big boss. At this point the biggest and badist black orc (You know, the only one that killed a dwarf in close combat) becomes the general. The new leader calls in his cousin a powerful orc shaman, even though he smells funny.

Black Orc Big Boss w/ Heavy Armor, Shield - 85 (General)
Orc Shaman lvl 2 w/ power stone x2 -150
Night Goblin Shaman lvl 2 w/ Magic Mushrooms x2, Nibbla's Itty Ring - 125 (This guy leads a dangerous life)

Night Goblins x 20 w/ shortbows and a musician - 64
Night Goblins x 20 w/ spears, shields, a musician and fanatics x2 - 134
Night Goblins x 48 w/ spears, shields, a musician, a standard, nets and a champion (the "demoted" guy) - 247
Orc Big'uns x 20 w/ extra choppa, a boss, a standard, and a musician - 250
Black Orcs x 20 /w shields, a musician, a standard, a boss, and Nog's Banner of Butchery - 343
Goblin Spear Chukka - 35
Orc Boar Chariot - 80
Goblin Doomdiver - 80
total 1599

Basicly what I'm thinking is you have three main fighting units which deploy in a line an head right for your enemy. The big unit of Night Goblins, the Big Uns and the Black orcs. Your General should probalaly go in either the goblins or the big uns (I can't decide which is a better choice.)

Behind your main fighting line you are gonna add some nasty traps Namely a big line of night goblins, exactly seven inches back from the front of your fighting units. This lets you release your fanatics at anyone who tries to charge your lines. Now they will fly thru your own units as well, but I don't think your night goblins are too worried about that. The devious part of this is the fact that it will often leave your fanatics sitting on the other side of your unit while the enemy charges on. Thus they will get hit twice by each fanatic (Once when the hit him.. the 2nd time in his "death throes") Believe me, 4d6 str 5 hits is known to take the starch out of many fighting units. It won't work every time, but when it does its really awesome.

The remaining guys, the NG archers, the Chariot and warmachines have two important jobs.
1) Stay out of the main guys way.
2) Watch the back of the army and try to shoot down any annoying flying stuff. (I'm looking at you Gyrocopter)

Well I hope this helps, and I'm sorry its super long.

LAZtheinfamous
26-04-2009, 04:14 PM
I was thinking along the same lines myself. But I'm going to do some more mucking about with it in the near future. Especially since I have five fantatics now. Woot. It seems that everytime I get something I have to redo the entire army list, not just add in the points like I normally do. There are way too many variables in a fantasy army. So I am thinking I'm going to make an all-comers list, cause right now, given our conversations last night, it would seem that the dwarf gun line is an army that I can't beat regardless. Unless I max out all my army as spear chukkas and wolf riders (range and possible getting into combat before taking too many casualties).

Though at the minimum, what I am going to do is swap out the Gobbo Big Boss, and make him another sorceror (for now). Then take the Ironhide and make him an orc warboss, and put him in with the night goblins, and then put the two sorcerors in with the Orcs and Black orcs. Liberally spread around the fantatics and netters.