PDA

View Full Version : New Empire500 list

Grao
22-04-2009, 09:47 PM
So some friends of mine are trying to get me into this game, after being an observer for some time, and I am planning my initial purchases. I decided to go with Empire for the time being, and am starting out with a 500 point plan, for more frequent faster games, at least until I decide if I really like them or not (the Empire, not my friends.)

Here is what I have so far:

Captain,
Armor of Meteoric Iron
Sword of Justice

Spearmen x14,
Sergeant
Standard Bearer
Musician
Shields

Halberdier x7 (Detatchment),

Handgunner x6 (Detatchment),

Master Engineer,
Hochland Long Rifle
Light Armor

Mortar,

Free Company x10,
Sergeant
Standard Bearer

I squeezed all 500 points into this list, the only hesitation being the lack of Musicain with the Free Company unit. I know its pretty simplistic, with a single block of infantry, Captain in tow. The Engineer will hang out with with the mortar crew, taking pot shots in his free time; the Free Company squad having been hired to help provide some support to the Mortar.

So am I missing anything here/not seeing a big flaw in my plan? I'm basically trying to start with a group that can easily be expanded to 750/1000/1500 at a later day, without going for some gimmicky troop composition that wont let me be flexible in my army lists (I am starting completely from scratch.) There are three different set races that I will face with this army (Dwarves/Tomb Kings/Dark Elves), but I plan on trying this list against all comers at my local gaming hangout.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and posting any comments/suggestions.

Killer
27-04-2009, 04:14 PM
I've never played a 500pt game so I don't know how usefull magic would be. I guess it can go both ways...

But don't you think a wizard might be a good idea?...

Grao
07-05-2009, 05:37 PM
I considered a wizard for some magic, but I decided against it as this is just a starter army to decide if I really like the mechanics of The Empire vs one of the other races that my friends are pressuring me to choose. After watching some of the small skirmishes that happen where I've been observing, I decided against a wizard because an army that has a lot of magic (for a 500 point game) will have enough that one Wizard wont make much difference; my taking the Engineer to snipe or help the Mortar was the direction I've been leaning.

Snoza
08-05-2009, 01:00 AM
It looks rather solid for a 500 point army, well i would suggest adding in a cannon instead of the mortar, but then i dont know how many points they are. also a wizard would help in the case of say the Dark Elf or Tomb Kings but then you really dont need one in such a small game,

Other then that i hope that you like Empire.

Snoza