PDA

View Full Version : 2K Vampire Counts

Snickerseve
22-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Please state any suggestions and comments.

2K VC

Vampire Lord = 435 Points
1 Lord
Level 4 Wizard
The Flayed Hauberk
Blood Drinker
Skabscrath
Bitting Blade
Master of Black Arts
Dark Acolyte

Necromancer = 110 Points
1 Necromancer
Level 1 Wizard
Sceptre de Noirot
Black Periapt
Invocation of Nehek
Raise Dead

Necromancer = 110
1 Necromancer
Level 1 Wizard
Enchanted Shield
Tomb Blade
Invocation of Nehek
Vanhelís Danse Macabre

Zombie Horde = 172 Points
40 Zombies
Musician
Standard Bearer

Skeleton Warriors = 225 Points
20 spears
20 Warriors
Musician
Standard Bearer
Champion
Banner of Dead Legion

Skeleton Warriors = 205 Points
20 Warriors
Musician
Standard Bearer
Champion
Banner of Endless Nightmare

Crypt Ghouls = 88 Points
10 Ghouls
Crypt Ghast

Dire Wolves = 50 Points
5 Wolves
Doom Wolf

Dire Wolves = 50 Points
5 Wolves
Doom Wolf

Corpse Cart = 100 points
1 Cart
Necromancer mount
Unholy Lodestone

Grave Guards = 210 Points
10 Guards
10 Great Weapons
Musician
Standard Bearer
Seneschal
Banner of Barrows

Spirit Hosts = 145 Points
3 Hosts

Black Coach = 200 Points
1 Coach

SquallEvoker
22-04-2009, 03:13 PM
ERROR--- *Your lord can only select one magical weapon.

Outside that... Get rid of the skeleton block with Banner of Endless Nightmare. Use the spare points to jump the crypt ghouls to 20, and get rid of like 10 of those zombies. They're so easy to raise higher than that, and zombies in that kind of number can withstand a bull charge from ironguts. They'll make a great anchor with ease. Use the remaining points on another vampire. Give him the items on your tomb blade necro and put him in the skeleton unit. Then, switch your invocation/raise dead necromancer for a magical vampire. Give him the same items, and let him raise stuff up. Believe me, he'll be better at it. As for the necro we striped of him items, put him on the corpse cart with some different stuff. The book of Arkahn comes to mind. NEVER make a vamp counts army without it. It's that useful. Throw it as your last spell each phase that it could net you a charge. I've seen it suck up a dispel scroll because my opponent thought he could throw his last two dispel dice to finish my last two power dice off.

If you need more points, cut the musicians from your grave guard and skeletons. Also, you could drop a unit or two of wolves. To lose on field flankers may seem poor choice, but if you raise dead then vanhel's them into combat in the same phase... in the flank or rear..... nice. Also, I've never seen spirit hosts used before, so as of now I have no advice on them. They'd be tough as nails against my ogres (due to a severe lack of magical weapons and missiles) but other armies may have an easier time. If they don't work out, drop them and add black knights, or drop your grave guard too and add blood knights.

Snickerseve
23-04-2009, 12:00 AM
My problem is I only have 10 crypt ghouls, and I have 100 zombies so, putting 40 will not hurt my points. Thank you for the advise and I must have missed the two magical weapons. I will for sure consider the necromancer thing.