PDA

View Full Version : First Tomb king army list.

grimdisco
19-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey guys, let me know what you think of this 2250pt list I am building to for my Tomb King army ( Farskit I would really like your input on this)

Tomb King with chariot Sword of the setep light armor shield and the Golden Ankhara

lich prist with casket of souls

lich prist with hieradic jar disspell scroll

lich prist with cloak od the dunes

5 chariots with full command

8 light cavalry

20 skeletal bow men

20 skeletal bow men

24 skeletal warriors with shields an banner

3 ushabti

2 tomb scorpions

1 skull catapult with skulls of you foes

pts 2250

what do you guys think??????

Farskit
19-04-2009, 07:05 PM
I think it's very good for a first try!

I like that configuration for the King. Hard hitter, good protection.

The only changes I would make would be to trade the Light Cavalry for MOAR chariots :p (because the cavalry doesn't exactly shine by its usefulness). For 8 Cavalry, you can get 2 Chariots and some upgrades, then you can redistribute the Chariots so you have one unit of 4 and one of 3, where your King can go.

Also, if you do that, I'd drop the banner on those skellies. They're here for dying while acting as the anvil, and as such giving them a banner is giving 100 VP's to your opponent.

Final hint: Keep you Casket within 12" of the catapult, so the Priest can use the Smiting to make it shoot twice a turn!

grimdisco
20-04-2009, 03:29 AM
Hmmmmm...

I was also thinking of dropping 10 bowmen and adding 1 more Ushabti

and id have about 15 pts extra if I drop the banner and light cav
that would give me room for 3 chariots.

Killer
20-04-2009, 10:55 AM
That 's a good list I think! Very similar to my list...

I totally agree with Farskit!

And I think adding one more Ushabti and 3 chariots is a good move!

Its a nice fast and furious list! I like the flying priest aswell- VERY useful!

Just watch for your opponent not to corner the chariots- And watch out for Kroxigors! Man those guys are bad news if they hit one of your Chariot units!

Good hunting friend!...

grimdisco
20-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Cool I have a few things on order that should complete this army.

Thanks guys.

Killer
20-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Cool, mate!

Good luck!

grimdisco
21-04-2009, 02:37 AM
Thanks.

beergod
21-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Instead of the Ushabiti I would take Carrion. Good as march blockers, War machine/wizard Killers. they also are good at breaking up light cav screens. I find the Ush to be not quite good enough

Marticus
21-04-2009, 04:03 PM
id break the archers into units of 10 myself, have chariots in units of 3 for the ease of manuevour but more of em, drop the light cav down to 5 i find 8 an odd number to use but 5 can be annoying as march blockers also behind enemy lines if things break through them they are destroyed :)

grey_seer
02-09-2009, 11:56 AM
That 's a good list I think! Very similar to my list...

I totally agree with Farskit!

And I think adding one more Ushabti and 3 chariots is a good move!

Its a nice fast and furious list! I like the flying priest aswell- VERY useful!

Just watch for your opponent not to corner the chariots- And watch out for Kroxigors! Man those guys are bad news if they hit one of your Chariot units!

Good hunting friend!...

to be honest the casket can be dropped for ushabti and chariots.definatly a good list

Burnerboy
02-09-2009, 12:34 PM
I've never thought the casket of souls to be all that effective, although it is a good way to make the enemy
save their dispel dice.

I would replace one with a screaming skull catapult and whatevr u want.:D

Good LucK!

Jihad Jack
02-09-2009, 09:49 PM
ok,
I have no experence fighting against TK;s but could soneone recommend a site or just give me a low down on what to expect from them. Closest thing Ive fough were the Vampire counts.

Killer
03-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Nah, TKs are a totally different breed!

You play Lizzies, right? Then there's not much to fear from fear itself!...

Expect units of Chariots. They count as light cavalry so they are quite slippery! You'll need to trap them!

If you don't have ALOT of dispell dice, you better be tough! All their spells are cast like bound spells with a power level of 2d6! As far as you can, dispell the spell that gives them a free move phase!

Their stone thrower is probably the best in the game, but with being cold-blooded it shouldn't bother you too much...

The bone giant is scary, but only if it charges- so just make sure you charge it!

Best tactics is either a fast hard-hitting army, or a very solid block army with lots of static CR!

So, until the new armybook for the TKs comes out, you don't have too much to worry abou... Just don't let him flank you...

Good Hunting! ;)