PDA

View Full Version : Fighty Orcs And Goblins 2000 points

Samick
19-04-2009, 04:59 AM
Well, as some of you have seen, I have recently been taking a magic heavy 2000 point greeny list to a local tournament. I have been massacred in both my games (Empire, Beasts of Chaos) and went 0 and 4 in friendly games I played today. I have seen that Orc and Goblin magic cannot be relied upon and that a shaman lord is WAY to fragile and will get torn to pieces or have to decline challenges and sit around and do nothing. Due to some flaws I have seen in a magic heavy list for this army (and partly due to the fact that I will be going magic heavy on my Ogre list) I have decided to create a more fighty list to do more damage while still having a really good magic defense system.

Lord:

Black Orc Warboss: 275
(HA, boar, 'Umms Best Boss 'At, Ulag's Arkit Axe, Bigged's Kickin' Boots)

Heros:

Orc Bigboss: 120
(BSB, Amulet of Protectyness)

Lvl 1 Orc Shaman: 125
(x2 dispel Scrolls)

Lvl 1 Night Goblin Shaman: 100
(Staff of Sneaky Stealin')

Core:

x24 Orc Boyz: 320
(Big 'Uns, Shields, FC, Mork's Spirit Totem)

x24 Orc Boyz: 198
(x2 choppa, FC)

x25 Night Goblins: 164
(Netters, Musician, x2 Fanatics)

x20 Night Goblins: 114
(Musician, x2 fanatics)

x5 Goblin Spider Riders: 71
( Musician)

Special:

x1 Orc Boar Chariot: 80

x5 Savage Orc Boar Boyz: 211
( Big 'Uns, Spears, Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Butchery)

x2 Spear Chukka: 70

x2 Spear Chukka: 70

Rare:

x1 Doom Diver: 80

Total: 1998

PD: 4
DD: 8 (+2 Scrolls)

The only thing I am not sure about is the Banner on the Boar Boyz. It makes them more of a killing unit, packing 15 WS4, S5 attacks on the charge. But without it, I could save 39 points (no magic banner=25, no standard bearer= 14) This could get me short bows on my fast cav, extra crew on the chariot, and almost 10 more goblins/another boar boy. So do you guys think I could have more success with this more killy list?

SquallEvoker
19-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Dat's gunna make for a good an' proppa WAAAAAGH! Uhhh.... until my ogres stomp all over them. Seriously, I face lists like this all the time, except everything has a goblin spin. Even if he's using orks, the models are "goblin elite infantry" which he did model to look bad***, but still goblins. You'll have little in the ways of magical support with this list, which isn't too big a deal, but the two dispel scrolls are a little much. I'd go with one and give the ork shammy something better. Either a power stone for the unexpected spell, ita's ring if he can take it, or just something. Other than that, tactics will be your best friend, along with knowing when to WAAAAAGH!

Samick
19-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Ya, I might just give him one dispel scroll and then find the points to upgrade him to lvl 2 for more magic support. But I'm not sure where I would pull the 10 points from.

grimdisco
20-04-2009, 03:37 AM
I would take more spider riders!!!!!!

And give your bsb to a goblin on a giant spider and the banner that makes all attacks poisonous.

It will do more damage than the 2 ork boyz units if you use them rite.

I used to run 30 pluss the bsb and it never disappointed me. I charged 5 units or orgers and won the combat for 3 rounds.